Revising a listing help please

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
7 replies 687 views
starrybeestarrybee Forumite
1.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
✭✭✭
Hi,

I need to revise the title of a listing but the option is greyed out, does anyone know why?

It's ending Sunday evening and has a couple of bids on it, is that the issue?

I've just found out there's two different ways to spell it and my listing isn't appearing if you try it the other way so I could really do with getting them both into the title if I can

Thanks!

Replies

• theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is because it has bids on it.
  • pinkshoespinkshoes Forumite
    18.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would have to cancel the bids then change it.

Otherwise you could be selling say an xbox, then once you had bids change the title to 'empty xbox box'.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • BrynsamBrynsam Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    You would have to cancel the bids then change it.
    Just don't expect them to bid again if you do that to them. Unless it is a high-priced item and has a strong history of being sold for a much higher price than yours, just leave it be.
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should also note that searches tend to find near misses. There is something I have an automatic search term set up for and I still get emails on things that are similar or could be XYZ.
  • LisbonLisbon Forumite
    415 Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    You should also note that searches tend to find near misses. There is something I have an automatic search term set up for and I still get emails on things that are similar or could be XYZ.

From what OP says, they have already tried that to check it (at least one hopes so!).
  • mrcol1000mrcol1000 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The days of being able to grab a bargain because something has been misspelt in the title are long gone. It should come up.

You may want to ask someone else to search to see what comes up as apparently Ebay show different people different search results. If it is not coming at all then you want to consider if you want to end it and start again. Ending it may mean you lose bidders and possibly Ebay thinking you are selling it off Ebay. It really depends if it is at price you are happy with. If it is an obscure spelling then there may not be many people searching for that spelling anyway.

You could always add the spelling in the description as the search is suppose to look there too.
  • starrybeestarrybee Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, I'll leave it as it is. I've tried searching from two accounts and no sign of it, but I think my way of spelling it is the preferred way so I doubt I'll miss out on too many bidders. It's not worth cancelling the bids over, it seems to be garnering enough interest anyway :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals