Colour in the bricks help..!

Hi, I’m a long time reader and member of mortgage free in 2025-30 thread.

Feel like I’m starting to see the end in sight now that my mortgage is (finally) under £100k Mark...and 2025 feels doable.

Can anyone help me with a motivational tool...I’ve seen on here people doing a picture with a house with x number of bricks and they colour in or tick off the brick when mortgage payment/op goes out.
I’m useless at spreadsheets/computers in general... anyone have a link to a 92 brick image I could use?!! As I am aiming to be finished in 92 months just before DH turns 50!

Anyway, if anyone can point me in the right direction thanks in advance, if not thanks for reading! Onwards and downwards we all go!
Original mortgage 185k. 2003
Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:

Replies

• AlexLKAlexLK Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worth looking in Excel for a template? Or contact GallyGirl on here. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • prosaverprosaver Forumite
    7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe have that blue peter thingy
    thermometer.jpg
    a bit ott but you get the idea
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • AlexLKAlexLK Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure Clare wants to tell the world how much she owes / is paying each month. :rotfl:
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • daisy_1571daisy_1571 Forumite
    503 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Care

I just drew a big rectangle equating to the approximate dimensions of my garden as that seemed easier. I then ruled off the appropriate number of lines and columns ie for 92 you could have 23 lines and 4 columns giving 92 little oblongs. I just coloured in from the back garden left side gradually owning more and more of 'our land'. It was nice the day we owned almost all the back garden the gradually owning more and more of the land under the house. It also gives mini markers as each time you own a while 'slice' of the land it feels quite good. We had 3 columns so every three we owned another slice of garden about a yard deep

Good luck with your target

Daisy
    🎖🎖"Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion" Take hold of every moment by anon

The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today
  • edinburgheredinburgher Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a wee cheat to suggest! If you delay starting the chart for a month, 81 squares fits neatly onto a 9x9 grid. Get a photo of your house, overlay a 9x9 grid and fill a cell each month :T

For even more vintage countdown montage style fun, literally draw over a photo with a black marker and crosses :rotfl:
  • clarewclarew Forumite
    498 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the ideas....! It all helps to see it visually decreasing too!
    Did a little Tilly tody of £3.69 today to finish the year total on a nice round number!
    Original mortgage 185k. 2003
    Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
    OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News