Any point in pursuing this further

please see my other post:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5623840

Basically I got judgement in court but they have changed the company name. I rang them today and the same people are still working there but under a new name.
Is it worth sending this to the bailiffs to try any recover some of my money or do u guys reckon ill be throwing good money after bad?

Comments

• Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,276
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It depends on what "changed the company name" means.

If it's the same company trading under a different name, then they would still be responsible.

If the old company was wound up, and they have started a completely new company, then the new company isn't responsible for the debts of the old one. It makes no difference if the new company is trading out of the same address, or with the same people.

A quick search on https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/ for the old and new companies should reveal what has happened.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Quite often these wideboys set up a new company but don't do the transfer of assets properly....they also typically don't change their details with their suppliers [that can be a hassle]...they also probably haven't set up a new bank account....

so if you can get he bailiffs to turn up and see this is the case then there's a good chance you'll get something [assuming there are assets worth grabbing there....good chance if they actuall have purchased the cars to sell]

It's well worth paying the extra money [£60?] to get this escalated to the High Court as their enforcement officers have far more power than a lowly bailiff....
  • What is the next step for me then I'm clueless about all this
    How much will it cost me to get the bailiffs or High court officer to go round and check?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good luck.please do come back and let us know how you got on as it will help many other people who find themselves in the same position.
  • what is the next step for me then i'm clueless about all this
    how much will it cost me to get the bailiffs or high court officer to go round and check?

£60..................
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport