New Post Advanced Search

Parking fine. Unmarked disabled bay

1 reply 519 views
Southy2402Southy2402 Forumite
1 posts
Hi

I got a council parking ticket today.

I parked in a disabled bay. But the carpark didn’t have any marked bays, let alone marked disabled bays.

The only indication was signs well above head height that I didn’t notice until after I’d gotten the ticket. Just not seen them.

Do I have any grounds to appeal?

I’d paid for parking just parked in front of a wall that had the signs on, saying for disabled. If I’d have seen them, I would have parked elsewhere

Thanks

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support