IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Appeal rejected by IAS

Hi,
Please can anyone give me some advice...
I received a PCN from Excel parking services at Liverpool airport for stopping in a no stopping zone for 30 seconds. The only reason I stopped was because I took a wrong turn and had to check out where I was and turnaround but I have been fined for stopping :-(

The fine was issued 6/10/17 for £60. I didn't receive the first letter by post. I then received a final reminder for £100.00 by post on the 6/11/17.

The fine is with Excel parking services. I appealed to them twice based on the fact that I was looking for a pre-booked car park and took a wrong turn and they rejected both appeals.
I then went to the Independent appeals service and they also rejected my appeal.

So now I'm left with a £100.00 fine to pay and dont know what to do next as I dont want a CCJ and my credit rating is currently good.

Please help!

Many Thanks

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 29 November 2017 at 10:13AM
    Welcome to the forum.

First point, please do not panic about this. We’ve dealt with hundreds of Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) ‘stopping’ cases and no one has paid and other than irritating debt collector letters, none has gone any further.

Are you sure your paperwork from the PPC has come from Excel (rather than their sister company, VCS)? If so, that’s a big mistake of theirs as all the signage at the airport (the purported contract with you) is in the name of VCS. Excel are a stranger to this ‘contract’ and are not in a position to pursue this legally.

If you’d have come to us earlier we would have advised that any appeal to the IAS was futile as no one has any real prospect of winning with them.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5748204

You cannot get a CCJ unless you are taken to court and you lose. It won’t affect your credit rating unless the judge awards costs against you and you refuse/forget to pay in full in the time allocated by the judge (normally one month). You are entirely in control of this.

There has never been a court case for stopping at LJLA - so you shouldn’t go worrying that you will be the first. Do come back if you receive any court papers - but no one ever has in the 5+ years that this sc@m has been operational there.

So that you can be confident in my advice, do a forum search here, one on PePiPoo and one on Google for ‘Liverpool Airport stopping fines’ (or similar). Here’s a starter for you:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=109259

Any questions, just raise them on this thread.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Many thanks for your reply!
    I have only just come across this forum it's great and I wish I'd have come here sooner.
    Ok so my mistake the parking fine is indeed from VCS I have just checked.
    I will post back if I receive any court papers - fingers crossed it wont get that far.

Thank you once again!
  • No, come back if you get a Letter Before Action - something stating court action WILL happen
    OR

Court papers.

It isnt a fine - dont make it more scary sounding than it is. Its just an invoice.
  • Hi All,
    So today I got a letter from VCS with a 'Notice of intended court proceedings'

They are again offering me to pay £100.00 by the 29/1/18 or they 'may' commence legal proceedings against me.

What would be my next step here?

It's making me very anxious!

Thankyou
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    The Newbies FAQ thread (#2) covers how to rebut a lbcca and how to deal with a Court claim if it comes to this
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    if you wish you can post up the letter ....

but

"'may' commence legal proceedings against me."

makes it sound like a threat o gram :)

you , as a newbie can not post links ( no one can post pics) you have to host / upload the pic to some where like tinny pic / dropbucket
    and then post a link with the http bit changed to hxxp

as Umkomaas said we get lots .... and lots .... and even more posts re JLA

not one has so far made it to court :)

so please re the links given to help calm youe self down ...

Oh and ... I can beat your 30 secs .... mine was 8!!!!

if you feel that you need to do some thing then please consider the forum campagin below ...

Call for Action - submit evidence of private parking rip-offs Which? Magazine now! WHICH are asking again for consumer problems

https://whichcouk.bsd.net/page/s/which-taking-on-2018

Which are pretty good at hitting the government with
    consumer problems.
    No harm in them hearing from you, I have done it for
    the great parking scam and their dodgly solicitors

Only takes a couple of mins

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing