Egg Card PPI Rejection

Options
Egg rejected my complaint for mis-sold ppi for a couple of reasons.
One of the reasons they rejected was because in their words, my sick pay wouldn't have been adequate to make any payments, so I would have needed to use the ppi too.

Is there a defined definition of adequate sick pay, for ppi purposes?

I'm asking because my employer at the time, gave full pay for 6 months and then a decreasing amount over the next 6 months. In my opinion that was more than enough to keep up any payments, without needing ppi. Thanks

Comments

• societys_child
    Options
    If it paid out in addition to your sick pay, it doesn't sound like it was mis-sold.
  • BetterDays
    Options
    I was looking at it slightly differently, but that makes more sense.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a defined definition of adequate sick pay, for ppi purposes?

No. Not when it comes to non-advised sales. Advised sales would be expected to have carried out an analysis but credit card PPI is rarely advised. However, the key thing is whether the PPI pays out in addition to sick pay or not. If it doesnt then its usually a missale. If it does then it is not usually a missale on that point.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure