Forum Home» Energy

ese Free Solar PV Health Check? - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

ese Free Solar PV Health Check?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
73 replies 43.3K views

Replies

• Got the letter today. Checked with our insurer & we do have a valid 10yr insurance (6 yrs to go) & they are still in business so it is obviously a scam. Luckily we're not gullable enough to panic & keep good records. Letters now in the bin
  • They are obviously still trawling as I had a letter today from Ese Consultants Ltd of Liverpool. Unsolicited marketing for something or other no doubt...off to shredder. My panels are still generating...very well in recent months ...it should be a bumper FIT payment quarter..
  • Just received a letter from ESE telling me "Dear Homeowner you haven't received your free health check and service and that the warrenty may be due to expire".... "Shock horror". So me being me I smelt a rat trying to sell me something. The forum on here confirms my thoughts.... My solar installation was done just 2 1/2yrs ago by "Fenland solar Ltd" so thought I'd contact the them. Sadly for me and I suspect many others "Fenland Solar Ltd" went into liqudation in January, so not much recourse there. So my original assumption is probably correct and "ESE" want to fill me with dread should something breakdown and sell me a warranty.... I've not had any issues with my installation or parts and hopefully won't do for many years to come. So for now ESE I'll take my chance and pass by on your kind offer.
  • As of this morning, this 'strategy' ('scam'?) is still going on. However the envelope was addressed merely to 'Homeowner'. Presumably if they had proper access to the details of my solar panel installation, they would also know my name and be able to address me by it.
    Usually anything simply addressed to 'householder' or 'homeowner' dropping through my letter box goes directly to the bin unopened. Can't think why I didn't do the same in this case, but I don't think I'll be changing my usual practice.
  • DeltaDawnDeltaDawn Forumite
    6 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    I received the letter today. Mine was addressed to 'Homeowner', too.
    I was going to contact my installers.
    No need to bother now.

So pleased I popped in here today.
    A greyhound is for life - not just for racing.
  • I have regular calls from customers saying they have been approached by this company.

The scenario is the usual customer has had their installation for over 5 years, the inverters are out of warranty and could fail or they will install a poweredge inverter system for between £3000 - £5000.

They say the inverter will improve performance by upto 25% which on most systems is highly unlikely. Most inverters are highly efficient as it is so the gains are unfounded unless you are suffering from massive shading and multiple elevations.

This week alone I have had about 10 of my customers come in and ask about these letters, do not get drawn in to the patter.
  • I received a letter from ESE telling me that I had not had my 'free health check' for my solar panels. This was nonsense because the company that installed my panels had done the annual check just a month before. I phoned my company and was advised to contact Trading Standards which I did.
    I got a phone call from Trading Standards today re my complaint.

Apparently 'ESE' will come round, look at your panels, tell you there is something wrong, and charge a lot of money to 'fix' the problem.
    Avoid like the plague!
  • Merlin139Merlin139 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Rooster999 wrote: »
    I received a letter from ESE telling me that I had not had my 'free health check' for my solar panels. This was nonsense because the company that installed my panels had done the annual check just a month before. I phoned my company and was advised to contact Trading Standards which I did.
    I got a phone call from Trading Standards today re my complaint.

Apparently 'ESE' will come round, look at your panels, tell you there is something wrong, and charge a lot of money to 'fix' the problem.
    Avoid like the plague!

So did Trading Standards say that about ESE or is that a statement you have made from Trading Standards comments?

If its the first then why does Trading Standards do something about it?
    3.975 kWp PV SolarEdge System South Facing 10% Shading Installed 21 May 2014 Located in Mid East Yorkshire.
  • Merlin139Merlin139 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    The following is copied from post 46 which was quoted from a previous post by ESE Services LTD

Originally Posted by ESE Services Limited
    Since inception ESE Services Limited has grown significantly as a business, Our client base continues to grow through the recommendations made by our clients to their friends and family resulting in ESE Services Limited becoming one of the UK!!!8217;s leading provider of maintenance to the private residential solar market.

We have reacted to regulatory and policy changes and our market analysis highlighted a need to provide maintenance services to the residential solar market- filling a void that has been created through the renewable energy policy changes, specifically the solar PV sector. Many solar companies were unable to continue to trade following the tariff changes and in many areas, there is no longer a local service provider available

Our offering is open and transparent. We do not endorse nor condone aggressive and pushy sales tactics. Our field sales technicians may make recommendations on a case by case basis and clients make an informed decision based on the benefits of each new technology- presented from the manufacturers specifications. As such we are a re-seller and installer of industry products specifically designed for the residential solar market.

Our customer service is paramount to us as is our professional integrity. To ensure the highest standards of service and clients have an outstanding customer experience, we have recently invested in a new digital platform that ensures customers receive all documentation to make an informed decision and how to cancel should a client change their mind

Solar systems are an asset to each property and to each property owner. Unlike other household items, renewable technologies are unique in that they generate revenue. Our services ensure this revenue is protected and enhanced where possible. The service we provide gives our clients piece of mind they are getting maximum value out of their investment and asset.

Many clients who have subscribed to our solar maintenance plan have received a replacement inverter at no extra cost saving each customer the expensive cost of replacement and minimising any lengthy time periods of lost generation with replacement parts installed typically within 7 days of the fault arising.

We have a dedicated team of experts operating nationwide to assist any residential solar owner no matter what their issue- be it a pesky pigeon or broken panel each of our clients both new and existing will receive the same friendly and personal customer service

We look forward to engaging with more customers as we build our customer base. If you are an installer or homeowner, please feel free to contact myself or any member of the team if you have any questions or queries no matter how small.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Fredson
    Group Managing Director

I would question why has the post count for ESE Services Ltd gone down and why have they deleted the post from which the information came from?

Do we smell a RAT?
    3.975 kWp PV SolarEdge System South Facing 10% Shading Installed 21 May 2014 Located in Mid East Yorkshire.
  • I receive one of these letters circa monthly. I have just phoned them to enquire where they got my details from and was told an unidentified marketing company. The assistant asked who the letter was addressed to and when I said the Homeowner her reply was well it might not have been meant for you. My reply was that is very odd when it has my address and postcode. I asked her to check her records and then she told me the name of the person living at this address it was a completely different name and then she said perhaps it was a previous occupier. I advised her that I have lived in my house for 30+ years and that she was possibly breaking the Data Protection Act by giving me the name on their database. I ended the call by stating I want them to remove my address from their database and if I receive another spam letter from there company I will be contacting Trading Standards.