New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Debt Free Year

edited 10 December 2019 at 10:08PM in Debt Free Diaries
2.9K replies 216.3K views

Replies

• enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Board Guide
    10.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think weight loss and budgeting can go hand in hand and what works for one can work for the other. Watching every penny and watching every calorie for example and controlling both tightly will guarantee success. I hope you manage to lose the weight in time for your wedding party so you feel comfortable in the dress.
    Early retired in December 2017

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]
  • NicnakNicnak Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you,

I hope so too x
    September 6th 2017 - Updated December 2019
    Credit Card £0 now: £0 Consolidation £15,000 = £5,362 Total = £25,330 :(£5,362 79% gone EMF #252 = £1300/£1000
    Pay off all your debts by Christmas #071

Decluttering target 2165/2020 items
  • NicnakNicnak Forumite
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A little financial update for this journal as that is what it is supposed to be about.

The photographer does not want paying until the job is complete, and photographs are handed over- likely to be Mid to late January with Christmas, so I can use Jan's pay to pay him. That's one less huge panic for me.

Old car payment should be refunded by Friday and that is my pay day as well so it better had be. I went wrapping presents and it turns out, I have been a little squirrel and putting aside little gifts and have a fair few bits more than I expected, which is great for me so I can top up and wrap up some people who I thought I might have to get an extra bit for. I will have them wrapped and handed out by next weekend.

Then I just need some food for Christmas day. I'm not going over board and buying tons of rubbish as I don't need to, and I don't want to give up on being focussed on my healthy eating and well being.

I'm not being totally bad on Monday, but nor am I being on my best behaviour. I went shopping today, and wasn't fully on my budget head, but didn't go over board either. £42. I took £20 cash out yesterday to go to a local fair thing today to support the local park. I think I spent about £13 in total getting some candles and other bits. It was a Christmas festive thing so I don't feel guilty. I didn't want little one to miss out. Hubby had a few beers, but I didn't get any mulled wine as I am trying to be good.

One more week left in work before the Christmas break for me. I just need to make it!
    Tomorrow is parents' evening so a really late evening for me.
    Credit Card £0 now: £0 Consolidation £15,000 = £5,362 Total = £25,330 :(£5,362 79% gone EMF #252 = £1300/£1000

• DebtFreeDuoDebtFreeDuo Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Good news on the photographer and the car payment coming back. Even better on the present front! I love finding something you forgot about, whether its something you bought or some money you left in a pocket somewhere.

It sounds like you have had a lovely day, we do need to remember that whilst living to a budget we do also need to remember to live and to give ourselves experiences and memories, especially when we have smalls that we need to create memories with.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • NicnakNicnak Forumite
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it wouldn't feel like Christmas if I didn't visit at least one Christmas market x

• NicnakNicnak Forumite
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    NSD yesterday. I didn't get home until 8.45pm so not surprising really. Very long day

Today I bought £25 worth of things for my form as it is their form party tomorrow and I won't be there for it.

I'm full of a cold, and feeling sorry for myself. I get paid on Friday so just got to get through till Friday now without too much damage.

Fingers crossed x

• HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicnak wrote: »
    I’ve lost 3lbs. I’ve got another 10 to lose to feel confident in the dress.
    10lb in 13 days is a huge ask, but it’s something to aim for.

I’ll go drastic in the last week if I have to. Rather not as I know it’ll all just come back on and more, but I’ll have to deal with that.

Well done :T
    Nicnak wrote: »
    NSD yesterday. I didn't get home until 8.45pm so not surprising really. Very long day

Today I bought £25 worth of things for my form as it is their form party tomorrow and I won't be there for it.

I'm full of a cold, and feeling sorry for myself. I get paid on Friday so just got to get through till Friday now without too much damage.

Fingers crossed x

Another person with a cold :(. I hope you feel better soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £1,500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Feel better soon x
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just checking in, hope you're feeling a little better.
  • NicnakNicnak Forumite
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m ok, just absolutely full of a cold x