Halifax valuation

If application goes in today how long roughly would it be untill valuation is instructed and happens ?

Replies

• purpleparrotukpurpleparrotuk Forumite
    354 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Time2go wrote: »
    If application goes in today how long roughly would it be untill valuation is instructed and happens ?

Hi, just had my mortgage accepted. Had to wait just over a week for the valuation/survey. Carried out yesterday and got my confirmed offer today. :)

Just waiting for the survey results now
  • SeduLOUsSeduLOUs Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Mine were both arranged in around a week too and got the offer confirmed 1-2 days after (I pulled out of the first house and am now on attempt 2!).
    354 Posts
    Forumite
    SeduLOUs wrote: »
    Mine were both arranged in around a week too and got the offer confirmed 1-2 days after (I pulled out of the first house and am now on attempt 2!).

Do you have to pay for another valuation/survey every time if you pull out?
  • edited 31 August 2017 at 12:44PM
    SeduLOUsSeduLOUs Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    edited 31 August 2017 at 12:44PM
    Do you have to pay for another valuation/survey every time if you pull out?

I paid for the second valuation but my broker told me that the first valuation on the house I pulled out of will be refunded when I complete.

I haven't seen the terms to be honest (don't recall valuation fees being mentioned in my mortgage paperwork) so I'm just taking the broker's word for it. I also don't know whether it would extend to another refund if it were to fall through and I needed a third valuation (hopefully I won't need to find out!)...
    354 Posts
    Forumite
    SeduLOUs wrote: »
    I paid for the second valuation but my broker told me that the first valuation on the house I pulled out of will be refunded when I complete.

I haven't seen the terms to be honest (don't recall valuation fees being mentioned in my mortgage paperwork) so I'm just taking the broker's word for it. I also don't know whether it would extend to another refund if it were to fall through and I needed a third valuation (hopefully I won't need to find out!)...

I remember seeing that too and have checked. It is one valuation only. You also get a cashback amount when you complete too so thats a bonus.
  • SeduLOUsSeduLOUs Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    I remember seeing that too and have checked. It is one valuation only. You also get a cashback amount when you complete too so thats a bonus.

Thanks for that. With the amount I've been reading I just couldn't be bothered digging into it and was just going to treat it a a bonus if it came back.

I don't recall my broker mentioning anything about cashback, but I'm sure Halifax have more than one type of deal available so it possibly doesn't apply to everyone. Would be a nice bonus if I do get cashback though!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals