Smart parking site can't find my parking charge notice to appeal

Hi everyone,
I read the sticky for appealing and copied the letter to send an appeal but the smart parking site said it couldn't find my pcn number and may not have recieved it yet.
It's been ten days since my car was photographed in sports direct car park of which they were in for 15 minutes nipping in to sports direct for a dart board.
Due to my shifts iv been unable to call the sports direct manager but my wife called and was told by a lady they can't do anything about the pcn , she also told my wife cars are allowed ten minutes without charge.
They didn't realise it was pay and display but thought it was for sports direct customers and only pay and display if you go elsewhere.
Anyway, my point is if I can't send an email appeal now after ten days will it cause problems if the website keeps saying it can't find my pcn number?
I'm new to all this and really feel unsure about how it works. Also I can't believe the charge for 15 minutes even though it was a misunderstanding on the drivers part.
Looking forward to any help
Many thanks.

Replies

• pappa_golfpappa_golf Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    was a ticket placed on the car at the time , or have you recieved junk mail thru the post?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Iv just recieved it through the post, I had no idea until today.
  • Iv just tried again and sent the appeal letter I copied from here. Also iv taken a screenshot of the appeal and they're appeal page so I have proof of sending.
  • This is the letter I sent,.

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you returned the said dart board. to sports direct telling them it's now far to dear after adding on any parking invoices ?

Ralph:cool:
  • It was a present and I enjoy trying to play, so no I haven't ��
  • Am I right in thinking it's just a waiting game now?
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    As the newbies thread tells you. Have you read and reread it?
  • I did but found it a little confusing with the options and all the information, but need to re read it a few more times.
    I didn't like to start asking what may seem like obvious questions with being a little ignorant on this subject.
    Sorry about that I'll get reading as soon as I can.
  • Hi guys
    Iv just got in from work and a letter from smart parking was waiting for me.
    It was a cancellation of the parking charge notice, I tried to post a picture on here but couldn't work it out.
    Anyway thank you very much for your help im very happy with the result.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides