edited 26 August 2017 at 6:25AM in Old Style MoneySaving
32 replies 3.2K views

Replies

• LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for all the good wishes for my friend, she came through the op but we are yet to find out the results, we are way down on the list when it comes to her husband letting everyone know and rightly so with family etc.
    Good news as my new horse sailed through her vetting so the purchase has gone through, very very excited as you can imagine and need to rush round now getting all in place before she comes home.

Oh snoozer that poor old man and what a lovely person your DD must be.

It's just starting to drizzle with rain here so not sure if I will get out in the garden, nothing needs doing in the house so might just be a day of reading and trying not to drive over to the tack shop for new rugs etc :rotfl:

Have a good day folks x
    3.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just read back on yesterday's thread, am so sorry about your stepdad AOD x
  • dp1dp1 Forumite
    903 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone.
    Well I woke at 6 with little cat bouncing all over me. Went back to sleep and then woke at 10 to 9. I don't like waking so late as it always just makes me feel more tired and groggy! Never mind, I know there are so many of you don't get enough sleep and I'm complaining about too much!

If anyone remembers I bought myself a new wooden garden seat from B and M earlier in the week, reduced to just £9.99. I put it together yesterday and it is so nice I really wish I had bought two! Really good quality...and best of all it came in just 4 pieces so very easy to put together.

I had my first breast screening yesterday. If anyone gets sent a letter for one, please go. Nothing to it really - yes a bit uncomfortable and you feel a bit daft, but worth it . I was in and out in just five minutes. We have a mobile unit parks up beside our small hospital; one of the nurses was saying its been there for six months and they also have cars to pick women up from outlying areas for their appointments. A brilliant service.

Well my towels are spinning so I'll get them hung out in a minute; then I have another load to go in. Just having a quiet day at home pottering about. Sunday lunch at my mam and dads tomorrow as my twin brother is coming too. We're 50 next Friday. I have been reminding him that of course he'll be 50 first. When we were little he used to always make such a fuss about the fact that he was the eldest ( by 15 minutes) - it used to really annoy me!

Have a nice day everyone
  • edited 26 August 2017 at 10:52AM
    SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 August 2017 at 10:52AM
    Morning all,

Good to hear your friend came through her op LaineyT and hoping the results of it are in her favour.

Grump is still fast asleep and Youngest has just come in from an 'all nighter'. I expect he will flake out soon but ive warned him i'll probably wake him with the vacuum at some point though i'll leave his room till he's not in it. Should have done it last night really but i was too shattered.

i have come out in a bright red sore rash on my face. I feel like ive been sunburned but ive not been out the house. I tried a new product on my face last night and it obviously doesnt suit me. Hope i can cover it up with makeup if we go out. Anti ageing my backside! :mad:

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.

ps i had plans for today but ive lost me list.
  • Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your stepdad AOD xx
    Lainey - glad your friends seems ok, and very exciting about your new horse xx
    It's a lovely day here and I have been out to collect DHs shirts from the ironing shop (my one luxury at £1 a shirt) and also to post an eBay item which finished and paid last night.
    We are off to visit friends later who have had a house built. This being one of a portfolio of properties. Feeling slightly aggrieved that they weren't in touch when we were going through the mill with unemployment and the loss of my nephew. Seems they want to see us now though. Will go with good grace :)
    Need to work out what to do at the end of our garden. Did try a veg patch for a while with little success as neighbouring trees take most of the light. Thinking of a man cave for DH if we can get a deal on one. Will measure up tomorrow and make some enquiries.
    Second load of washing on, to be pegged out shortly.
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: PL Italy by Satsuma Street
  • LameWolfLameWolf Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOD so sorry for your loss, hun. x
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Thank you for all the good wishes for my friend, she came through the op but we are yet to find out the results, we are way down on the list when it comes to her husband letting everyone know and rightly so with family etc.
    Good news as my new horse sailed through her vetting so the purchase has gone through, very very excited as you can imagine and need to rush round now getting all in place before she comes home.
    Good news that your friend has come through her op; will keep everything crossed for good results to come.

Fantastic that you are getting a new horse; what's her name? What colour is she? Oh you know - all the same questions I'd ask if someone was adopting a dog. :D I always say you can never replace a canine/equine/feline friend, but you can fill the dog/horse/cat-shaped hole in your life. :o

I got a rude awakening this morning (well, I was already awake, but not totally compos mentis, iykwim) - a very bouncy Staffie leaping onto the bed, straight onto me! She'd got down when Mr LW went through to the kitchen to see to the coffee machine, and got back up via me! :D *Waves to Candygirl * I'm sure you at least will know exactly what I'm talking about!! :rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • silver-oldiesilver-oldie Forumite
    916 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon

AOD so sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences.

DH wanted to go out this morning, so a trip on the bus and he's happy :D

Sunny day here, really need to get some jobs done in the garden but no energy. Watching F1 qualifying with DH at the moment.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LameWolf wrote: »
    AOD so sorry for your loss, hun. x
    Good news that your friend has come through her op; will keep everything crossed for good results to come.

Fantastic that you are getting a new horse; what's her name? What colour is she? Oh you know - all the same questions I'd ask if someone was adopting a dog. :D I always say you can never replace a canine/equine/feline friend, but you can fill the dog/horse/cat-shaped hole in your life. :o

I got a rude awakening this morning (well, I was already awake, but not totally compos mentis, iykwim) - a very bouncy Staffie leaping onto the bed, straight onto me! She'd got down when Mr LW went through to the kitchen to see to the coffee machine, and got back up via me! :D *Waves to Candygirl * I'm sure you at least will know exactly what I'm talking about!! :rotfl:
    I know EXACTLY what you mean hun .Mind your teeth as they have concrete heads :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
    3.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=LameWolf;73039478

Fantastic that you are getting a new horse; what's her name? What colour is she? Oh you know - all the same questions I'd ask if someone was adopting a dog. :D I always say you can never replace a canine/equine/feline friend, but you can fill the dog/horse/cat-shaped hole in your life. :o:[/QUOTE]

Her name is Lady Lulu, 6 year old cob x draft. She is very light grey, almost white mane and tail which will be horrendous to keep clean but hey, that's what brushes and rugs were invented for. She is incredibly sweet natured and a forward, but safe ride. I would download a picture but never seem to be able to work that from my pad!
  • nannywindownannywindow Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Just stopping to have a coffee and a catch up on here. There's so much to digest, my you lot can talk :rotfl:.
    Spent most of this morning giving the bedroom a " spring clean " including under the bed :eek:. I put out a load of washing and Mr Fix It steam cleaned the kitchen floor. Also sorted out some caravan stuff ready to go over the van.
    This afternoon I am going make some jelly for after lunch tomorrow and a couple of rhubarb tarts. ( Got DD and DGC coming, as well as dad tomorrow :) )
    dp1 I agree about going for the breast screening but I had an abnormality so was recalled for a biopsy, which put the fear of god in me and my family. Thought it was cancer but it appears I had a cluster of cells ( but for the life of me I can't remember the name of them ) so a scary experience and 6 weeks of mental torture :(.
    LaineyT a new horse :T. Hope you and Lady Lulu have a wonderful time together.
    Hester glad that your hand is getting better.
    Apologies if I have missed anything.
    Better make a move I suppose but as my coffee has gone cold, I'd better make a fresh one first ;)
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides