edited 26 August 2017 at 6:25AM in Old Style MoneySaving
32 replies 3.2K views
nmlcnmlc Forumite
4.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 26 August 2017 at 6:25AM in Old Style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 26 August 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Cloudy and overcast but warm here this morning, hoping the sky will clear and the sun will make an appearance.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, I'm enjoying a peaceful cuppa and brekkie whilst on here, boys both still in their pits.

I'll be heading to town first thing to visit the building society. I did the food shopping etc as usual yesterday.

Dinner last night was chicken and bacon kievs, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg for the menfolk, I had veg tikka marsala with rice, was nice but a bit strong for me, think I'll be sticking to korma or doing HM not a jar. I really enjoyed what I had and there was nothing wrong with it, but I don't like hot spicy sauces - my DH likes hot and spicy and there's a portion of the curry left, so he tried some and even he said for a tikka marsala it was hot. Dinner tonight is going to be a bbq - I bought the meat yesterday - a bbq pack from morrisons, meat all looks lovely we'll see. I'll just get some fresh bread rolls this morning.

Yesterday I wasn't very productive, although I did get our bed stripped, washed, dried and put back on the bed. I also did another couple of loads of washing and got it all line dried, it was a very warm sunny day here, hoping for the same today.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Replies

• HollyharveyHollyharvey Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

Thanks for starting us off nmlc.

((hugs)) to those that need them and having a difficult time at the moment.

Csarina Hopefully things will get better for you soon, and your DH’s health will improve,
    Hester I hope that your hand is ok today.
    Lainey Hopefully your friend’s op went well yesterday.

We had lovely weather yesterday and I managed to get out for most of the afternoon which was nice. I think I will spend today reading, either in the park or the back yard. I’m not sure whether or not there is something on in the park today. If there is some sort of even on it will probably be too busy for me.

Yesterday evening there was some sort of major argument going on at a house opposite. The eventual conclusion was a man throwing all of his partner’s clothes and other belonging out of windows. The argument then spilled outside to the pavement it being a warm evening we all had our windows open. There was an awful lot of shouting going on. I do sometimes wonder why some people want to wash their dirty laundry in public like that.

Right, I need to go and make some tea and get some breakfast.

I hope that you all have a good Saturday whatever you are doing.
  • TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC, First of all sincere condolences for AOD. Sad times for you.

I still feel tired, despite a reasonable night's sleep, after 2 days and 2 overnights of the 3 DGDs. It gets harder the older I get. I was pleased to see DD when she arrived to pick the remaining two up at 4.30 p.m.

Today I need to tackle the delayed Friday Tidy/clean round and boy does it need it! I don't know quite where to start and feel overwhelmed before I begin.

We have middle DGDs concert at 5.00 this afternoon. She has loved all the dancing and rehearsals involved at the summer school this week. Hope it all goes to plan. Our plan of eating beforehand has changed to eating afterwards! By then I shall be falling sleep at the table!

So just lunch to consider to keep us going. Will see what a freezer rummage comes up with to sustain us until we eat about 7.30. By then DGD will be starting the evening performance and DD will pick her up after we have eaten.

Well breakfast awaits and then the dreaded cleaning to start. Have a good day folks and (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad or worried who want them. LAINEY I hope things go well for your friend and you get good news on the horse front. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all.

Slept soundly and hardly moved at all. This morning it's the usual taking DM for het shopping and also collecting a prescription for her. After that I'll head off home again, the weather is forecast to be dry and sunny here today and tomorrow with heavy rain on Monday. It's not a BH weekend in Scotland so it won't spoil too many plans.

Happy Saturday everyone.
  • TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    HOLLY that happened near us a good few year's back! The wife must have discovered "something" that upset her whilst the OH was out as we watched her hurling all his clothes out of the bedroom window of their rented chalet style house! There were clothes and belongings landing on the roof below and scattered all over the front garden! When the OH arrived home he couldn't believe what he was seeing! They split up not long after and we never did find out what had happened!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • dumplingdumpling Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Sorry for not posting much, it's been a bit hectic here and I am just so tired I don't know what to do with myself.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss AOD, sending you a big hug xx
    Judi and Travelling Abuela, I sympathise with you about how tiring it is having the grand children. I love mine dearly but what I would give to have just a tiny bit of their energy :j:j.
    Hester, I hope your hand is feeling better today xx
    Lainey, how exciting, a new horsey friend for you. Fingers crossed it all goes well xx

I am just making myself a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea whilst pondering when to restart weightwatchers :o:D. I hope once the girls go back to school/college I will be able to do it again. I want to get back to my meeting as I really like the leader there and it will be good for me to do something that is just for me.

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • camelot1001camelot1001 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning All

Damp and drizzly this morning but meant to brighten up later, hope so as I have quite a lot of washing to do.

Lovely curry at friends last night with some good company, couple of glasses of wine too. Slept well with only one pit stop.

Sorry to hear of your FILs passing AOD.
    Enjoy the concert TA.

Not sure what's happening today but food shopping should be on the agenda, there's not much in the fridge. I made soup last week and may do the same again.

Have a good weekend. Take care. XX
  • csarina2csarina2 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. AOD so sorry to hear your news, have an extra hug.

Another night of fitful sleep, mind you I did sleep for 2 hours yesterday afternoon, do not want to get into the habit though.

OH still has the headache but says its not as bad as it was, although it seems to 'spike' if he does certain things.

I need to do the Friday clean, could not be bothered yesterday.......

Chicken pie and veg for supper tonight, will use one of Lidls angel delight type desserts, I have some milk which needs using up.
    Target figure £5,500/£4213.77
  • Hard_Up_HesterHard_Up_Hester Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmcl, Hugs to Csarina, I hope things improve for you. Condolences to AOD.
    Holly, I blame Jeremy Kyle, lol, my tenant and her partner carry on like that, they are planning on marrying soon!!

My hand is much better, thanks o all those who commented.

We're at the pub, hic!

No not really we moored up near a local pub last night to meet friends, it's 10 minutes in the car, 45 minute walk or 2 hours in the boat because we have to travel to the nearest winding hole to turn round ready to go home. We will set off back to our home mooring later this morning.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • snoozersnoozer Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    AOD, I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm shattered today, didn't sleep well at all, we're in a holiday cottage in N.Wales and the bed was a bit hard for me. DH calls me the princess from the princess and the pea and it is true I can feel the smallest crumb but I'm also a goldilocks and can't sleep if the bed is too hard or soft. Hopeless I know, he could sleep on a clothes line.

DD has gone up to the Yorkshire house with a couple of friends her DH and also DS and DW are there so I hope they have reasonable walking weather.

DD ended up driving up late because when she got off her tube stop after work she saw an old man bent over saying "help me" with everyone walking past. She went over and asked if he needed an ambulance but he said he just wanted to get home so she helped him back and was appalled by his living conditions. Apparently the place was covered in mould, there was no electricity or light bulbs in the sockets and he had been in hospital twice this week and sent home. I don't know the end of the tale yet but I know DD will want to help him, she's very tender hearted.
  • edited 26 August 2017 at 10:22PM
    redrubyredruby Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 August 2017 at 10:22PM
    Morning all

Back from out holiday and what a lovely time we had, Somerset is so beautiful and the cottage we were staying in was lovely, had everything you could ever want plus a hot tub :D we made good use of it every evening with a glass of something cool.

The cottage was a few minutes in the car away from the Exmoor national park which we did lots of walking on, the views were spectacular and I would love to go in winter and walk up there. There were wild ponies, cows, sheep and goats up there too.

I was glad to get beck to my own bed though, the cottage bed was far too soft and you sank right into it, OH loved it and I hated it, I have been suffering with a back ache all week.

We went on the Lynton / Lynmouth cliff railway, TA you have to go on this, it is brilliant and very thrilling, we also have several more days out including the steam railway.

Back to reality today and two washes were done last night and another one is on now, with probably another one to go !

I need to go shopping for some fresh bits and give the house a quick flick over.

AOD I am so sorry about your step dad xx

Hugs to anyone else in need xx

Lainey are you getting a new horse friend ?

Have good days all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides