BT Fibre not actually £14.74/month?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
7 replies 1K views
WRHerbertWRHerbert Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Martin's email, the Broadband Unbundled service and Cheap Broadband Deals page have an offer for 'Up to 52Mb fibre b'band & line '£14.74/mth' (can't link because I'm new) but the deal does not add up to me.

The deal claims to get you 52Mb fibre for £14.74/month after including all discounts/etc however when I follow the link that does not seem to be the case. The incorrect information is that the deal says that the fibre costs £9/month, but when I follow the link the BT webpage says that it is £27.99/month.

Am I missing something, because this deal is supposed to last until tomorrow I thought?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's postcode dependent

If you are not getting the offer when going through the link then you are unlucky
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
    48.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRHerbert wrote: »
    Martin's email, the Broadband Unbundled service and Cheap Broadband Deals page have an offer for 'Up to 52Mb fibre b'band & line '£14.74/mth' (

It's available to 83% of the UK. It depends on your postcode - you're told if you can get it when applying (or use
  • Ah, that's a shame. I thought I was in the correct postcode because the Broadband Unbundled service showed me the offer. I guess that's why it's in beta, hah.

Edit: checking the Unbundled service again. It shows that my month fibre cost would be £27.99, but doesn't show the correct total monthly cost using this amount.
    48.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try putting your postcode in then out of interest
  • Oh, I think I'm being a bit stupid. The £27.99 included the line rental... So it is £9 + £18.99.

Thanks for the help anyway!
  • jiggy.jayjiggy.jay Forumite
    44 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    yes, also dont forget that martins tips recommended paying for the line rental upfront, so all you would pay is £9 pm
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals