🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI on abbey national mortgage.

Options
Hi there.
Has anyone had any success claiming PPI on an abbey national mortgage dating back to approx year 2000. Any details would be great...what address do I need to send letter to, to find out account info as I do not have any paperwork ?
Many thanks .

Comments

• BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You'd need to contact Santander.

MPPI is not normally a bad thing. Why do you believe you were missold?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The above assumes that abbey sold you the MPPI. Most mortgages are arranged via brokers. So, if you used a broker, you would not write to Santander.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nita75
    Nita75 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply....how do I find out who the mortgage was with if I no longer have the paper work?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nita75 wrote: »
    how do I find out who the mortgage was with if I no longer have the paper work?
    You can't...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family