Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Replies

• Baileys_BabeBaileys_Babe Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    beanielou said:
    Anyone receive parcels other than cubes?
    Every now & then.
    Same here
    Fashion on a ration 2022 54.5/66 coupons remaining
    Plus 66 coupons rolled over 2021 using for secondhand purchases 18/66 remaining

One income, home educating family 
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've received a cube that's badly battered, it's the second one that hasn't faired well going through the system, and it's given me an idea.

I regularly have old newspapers so I could fold some up and stuff the box with newspaper. It would at least make the box keep its shape as it goes through the system, and it would add a little bit of weight too. Any thoughts please?
    I don’t think they are suffering damage going through the system - I suspect they are suffering damage going into the system, in that if they are sent via parcel boxes, they are too light to tip the counterbalance and so have to be forced (to the point of destruction) into the parcel box. Kantar have been told and as usual, did nothing to rectify it.
    Having received over the years of doing these surveys about 70 to 80 Cubes I can honestly say that the only ones,  maybe 15 or so, that didn't really survive the journey and failed to remain all but completely intact, if not occasionally scarred or bruised, had been folded, assembled and taped up by idiots and morons who I'm sure had difficulty working out how to get dressed in a morning if indeed they actually bothered.

Invariably they demonstrate no concept of where to put the tape to secure the cube's structure, what would be a sufficient amount to maintain adhesion or what the polystrene block is for. Not an iota of commonsense or an ounce of care given to the easiest of tasks.

Personally I tape up ALL 4 pairs of flaps on BOTH sides, inside and outside, along the adjoining centre edges. This does help prevent the flaps from being pushed inwards which overall makes them rather much stronger. 
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Money_Grabber13579Money_Grabber13579 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Newshound! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    quoia said:
    I've received a cube that's badly battered, it's the second one that hasn't faired well going through the system, and it's given me an idea.

I regularly have old newspapers so I could fold some up and stuff the box with newspaper. It would at least make the box keep its shape as it goes through the system, and it would add a little bit of weight too. Any thoughts please?
    I don’t think they are suffering damage going through the system - I suspect they are suffering damage going into the system, in that if they are sent via parcel boxes, they are too light to tip the counterbalance and so have to be forced (to the point of destruction) into the parcel box. Kantar have been told and as usual, did nothing to rectify it.
    Having received over the years of doing these surveys about 70 to 80 Cubes I can honestly say that the only ones,  maybe 15 or so, that didn't really survive the journey and failed to remain all but completely intact, if not occasionally scarred or bruised, had been folded, assembled and taped up by idiots and morons who I'm sure had difficulty working out how to get dressed in a morning if indeed they actually bothered.

Invariably they demonstrate no concept of where to put the tape to secure the cube's structure, what would be a sufficient amount to maintain adhesion or what the polystrene block is for. Not an iota of commonsense or an ounce of care given to the easiest of tasks.

Personally I tape up ALL 4 pairs of flaps on BOTH sides, inside and outside, along the adjoining centre edges. This does help prevent the flaps from being pushed inwards which overall makes them rather much stronger. 
    If you were aware of the sheer amount of brute force that is required to get them into a parcel box, then you’d realise that no amount of tape is going to hold them together…if they made them a bit heavier, I’m sure it would work perfectly.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Ambassador
    43.4K Posts
    Ambassador
    quoia said:

Taping both sides of all 4 pairs of flaps sounds virtually impossible. How do you tape the inside of the outer pair, if you’ve already taped both sides of the inner pair? 
    Actually if Kantar want us to do that, they should say so. That is above and beyond what most people would do in the normal course of packaging. 
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, in my home and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • edited 4 July at 4:30PM
    Baileys_BabeBaileys_Babe Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 4 July at 4:30PM
    August's reward stamps were received today, inside the posting pack for the week commencing 11th July.
    Fashion on a ration 2022 54.5/66 coupons remaining
    Plus 66 coupons rolled over 2021 using for secondhand purchases 18/66 remaining

One income, home educating family 
  • HonestJohnHonestJohn Forumite
    410 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    quoia said:

Most important thing is how you position the polystyrene. Most of the ones I get have it flat in the bottom. It needs to be diagonally across the box to have any effect. with the box taped up tight to stop it moving.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
  • seatbeltnoobseatbeltnoob Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i'm coming to the end of the 6 month term. Do they re-enroll you straight away or is there a break?

• moleratmolerat Forumite
    27.1K Posts
    Forumite
    i'm coming to the end of the 6 month term. Do they re-enroll you straight away or is there a break?

It will generally be 6 months before you are asked back unless there is a shortage in your area.

• edited 7 July at 2:09PM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    27.1K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 7 July at 2:09PM
    Ooops, just found a flaw in the unaddressed mail survey.  If you accidentally click on the wrong item you don't know about it until it is too late - the pop up box appears with no indication of the item you are referring to and once the questions are completed the item moves down into the received box where it is too late to change.  Never mind, will wait and see if they pick up on it.
  • PrimrosePrimrose Forumite
    10.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite

I,ve been doing this survey for several years and find there,s usually a 6 months break before you get invited again.  During that time you do still continue to get invitations to the correctly Delivered and and Unaddressed  Mail surveys.