Options

Comments

• Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 February 2021 at 11:51PM
    Options
    Saetana said:
    I have checked my performance on the app and on the section "sent on planned date", I don't have any stars.

Could this be because I post my items the night before, as the post boxes I use all get emptied once a day 9am on weekdays and 7am on Saturday.   Surely I can't be expected to go to the post boxes before these times on the day they are due to go?

Are you recording your items using the app at the exact time you post them?   If you are recording them at time of posting using the app then yes that is why you are getting zero stars for sent on planned date.  You are not expected to post them before 7am/9am but you are expected to post them on the correct day (Wednesday for example) or the same day the following week.- if you are recording them as posted the previous day then you are not sending your items on the planned date. 
    Bit of a sticky situation then as Kantar ask you to record the exact time they are posted and I thought it would be pretty reasonable to have it in the postbox ready for collection in the morning.  I will have to start going out on a short walk in the morning and post it then.  I don't have a journey to work, as I did before, as I work from home. 

You do NOT need to post them in the morning - any time of day will do so long as it is the correct day (Tuesday, for example).  I haven't posted most of my items before last collection for years now - its perfectly acceptable, now so many post boxes have early morning last collection times.  Just post when convenient for you and if you cannot get out to post an item on the correct day then carry it over to the same day the week after - or the week after that if necessary :) If you have gone a couple of weeks without being able to post your item on the correct day then by all means post it on any day that is convenient to you.  During covid we have a lot more leeway than we might normally have with postings :)
    2020 Wins:
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    Saetana said:
    Saetana said:
    I have checked my performance on the app and on the section "sent on planned date", I don't have any stars.

Could this be because I post my items the night before, as the post boxes I use all get emptied once a day 9am on weekdays and 7am on Saturday.   Surely I can't be expected to go to the post boxes before these times on the day they are due to go?

Are you recording your items using the app at the exact time you post them?   If you are recording them at time of posting using the app then yes that is why you are getting zero stars for sent on planned date.  You are not expected to post them before 7am/9am but you are expected to post them on the correct day (Wednesday for example) or the same day the following week.- if you are recording them as posted the previous day then you are not sending your items on the planned date. 
    Bit of a sticky situation then as Kantar ask you to record the exact time they are posted and I thought it would be pretty reasonable to have it in the postbox ready for collection in the morning.  I will have to start going out on a short walk in the morning and post it then.  I don't have a journey to work, as I did before, as I work from home. 

You do NOT need to post them in the morning - any time of day will do so long as it is the correct day (Tuesday, for example).  I haven't posted most of my items before last collection for years now - its perfectly acceptable, now so many post boxes have early morning last collection times.  Just post when convenient for you and if you cannot get out to post an item on the correct day then carry it over to the same day the week after - or the week after that if necessary :)
    Agreed. I always try and post them on the same day as indicated on the schedule, but use it as an excuse to go out for a walk in the evening. So if it says to post before last collection or before midday, that isn’t going to happen for me and it will get posted on the evening of the same day.  I don’t think that really matters though - what is important (essential) is that the date and time the posting is recorded is exactly the date and time the letter was posted, not at a made up time when you think Kantar would like it to be posted. Otherwise, it will only result in Royal Mail looking like they have missed their targets even more spectacularly, leading to greater fines, pushing up the prices for everyone.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • General_Grant
    Options
    Saetana said:
    Saetana said:

You do NOT need to post them in the morning - any time of day will do so long as it is the correct day (Tuesday, for example).  I haven't posted most of my items before last collection for years now - its perfectly acceptable, now so many post boxes have early morning last collection times.  Just post when convenient for you and if you cannot get out to post an item on the correct day then carry it over to the same day the week after - or the week after that if necessary :) If you have gone a couple of weeks without being able to post your item on the correct day then by all means post it on any day that is convenient to you.  During covid we have a lot more leeway than we might normally have with postings :)
    Have you read what TNS write on their website?
  • girlchops
    girlchops Posts: 331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Saetana said:

I checked ages ago that it was ok to post the night before and was told it was fine, as long as it was way past the last post of the day. Recently we've had post delivered until 6.30pm (after having none for 10 days) so if i need to post the night before i'm doing after 8-9pm at night to ensure it's not taken with that days post IYSWIM. I'm lucky though because there's a postbox only a few mins from my house at the end of our road.
    HTH
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My nearest post box is hopeless. It is meant to have a collection once a day but quite often it is full to the point where I can feel the top of the pile as I post letters. I deliberately use this one for postings in the hope that Royal Mail make an effort to improve it.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With covid around, Royal Mail have staff shortages so yeah boxes do not always get emptied as they should.  We've also gone nearly a week more than once in the last few months without receiving any mail, and then a big pile all turns up at once.  This is why it is even more important than usual to record the correct date and time of posting - so Kantar can let Royal Mail know where the problems are.
    2020 Wins:
  • need_an_answer
    Options
    they have now recalled my pinpoint box .....its been in situ a week but not actually had any incoming test items to test if its working
    just me or others had the same?
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just received an UMS survey invite for 1-21/3/21.  Check your account.
  • wideband
    wideband Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    they have now recalled my pinpoint box .....its been in situ a week but not actually had any incoming test items to test if its working
    just me or others had the same?
    Ditto - in place for a week then they recalled the device.
  • dbrookf
    dbrookf Posts: 594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
     I have been sent 2 cubes to post - one stamped and one labelled with postage - also a mail bag. The cubes are to be posted one day after each other and I don’t know which goes in the mail bag if any? I’m still awaiting a response from TNS. Can you help at all?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure