Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel - Page 412

New Post Advanced Search

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
4.3K replies 496K views

Replies

• rockchick113rockchick113 Forumite
    343 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    ✭✭
    I used to love doing the Royal Mail posting, all my free stamps , labels etc. Sadly had to give it up as both my two local post offices shut down. They were both walking distance in different directions, not worth doing now I have to drive and pay for parking to take the boxes for posting.
    Jane x
  • silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    42.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to love doing the Royal Mail posting, all my free stamps , labels etc. Sadly had to give it up as both my two local post offices shut down. They were both walking distance in different directions, not worth doing now I have to drive and pay for parking to take the boxes for posting.
    If you could get back on to the survey now, you could choose not to post parcels due to covid.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • need_an_answerneed_an_answer Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    so ive been invited to trial a new box that detects RIFDS when they come through your letterbox....£15 of points in total but it looks like things are becoming far more automated going forward.
    The box needs to be fixed to the back of your fromt door or within a meter of it so it can pick up delivery times automatically going forward...I shall se what arrives!
    in S 10 T 1 F 13
    out S 9 T 4 F 12 FF 10

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5
  • edited 18 January at 1:20PM
    libra10libra10 Forumite
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 January at 1:20PM
    I've just done this.
    It's called a Pinpoint device, and you're given instructions where you place it.  Very easy to do, you have to leave the mail in front of device for 15 minutes before picking up, as it can take a few minutes for the device to record RFIDs.
    At present you still have to record the mail using the app, but if successful this may change in the future.
  • bdark2755bdark2755 Forumite
    55 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    libra10 said:
    I've just done this.
    It's called a Pinpoint device, and you're given instructions where you place it.  Very easy to do, you have to leave the mail in front of device for 15 minutes before picking up, as it can take a few minutes for the device to record RFIDs.
    At present you still have to record the mail using the app, but if successful this may change in the future.
    Sounds very intriguing :) 
  • Rachel1640Rachel1640 Forumite
    40 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Hi, I have received 4 RFID's now in letters and confirmed under received, are these meant to show under RFID stock because it's empty? I now have 2 letters to send back do I just use RFID's that I've previously received even if they're not listed under stock? Also I'm two weeks in now, will I receive my 1st lot of stamps next month or is there a trial period?  :)
  • djp64djp64 Forumite
    171 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Hi, I have received 4 RFID's now in letters and confirmed under received, are these meant to show under RFID stock because it's empty? I now have 2 letters to send back do I just use RFID's that I've previously received even if they're not listed under stock? Also I'm two weeks in now, will I receive my 1st lot of stamps next month or is there a trial period?  :)
    Can you confirm the code on the RFIDs?  Are they all AEDB or does each one have a different code?

• edited 20 January at 3:36PM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    24.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 January at 3:36PM
    You can only use RFIDs that are "in stock".  If they are not listed as in stock you need to send them back. One of the reasons for them not being in stock is if when receiving mail using a pc you do not scroll down and click the final button which is off the page.  AEDB marked RFIDs are not real ones, they are either cardboard or dead real units and are only to be used in training items, real ones have their own individual codes.  If you have finished training and have some AEDBs left you need to send them back.
  • MrsB2000MrsB2000 Forumite
    25 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Hi ~ sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
    I've been wanting to sign up for this for a while -
    Does this involve going into a post office to the counter or do you just post items back in the post box?