Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Comments

• CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Just a thought. As masks have to be worn in shops from Friday do you think TNS will be sending out free masks for us who have to go into the post office. My significant half does all the shopping and as such I never venture into a shop other than the post office to send their items. 
    Not true.  Face covering mandatory.
    whatever!
  • CRISPIANNE3
    elsien said:
    If you tell them you don't want to post cubes you don't need to go into a post office.
    Then there is no call for a mask or face covering as you can post from post boxes outside or on the street. 
    Good point. However if the item is not stamped then I would need to go into the post office.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 July 2020 at 4:02PM
    elsien said:
    If you tell them you don't want to post cubes you don't need to go into a post office.
    Then there is no call for a mask or face covering as you can post from post boxes outside or on the street. 
    Good point. However if the item is not stamped then I would need to go into the post office.

What items smaller than a cube require you to get an APL?

Perhaps your "significant half" could post on your behalf.
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Handed a cube over the counter today,was not asked to wear a mask.
    GONE ENGLAND
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    elsien said:
    It's only the cubes and parcels that have to be handed over the counter that sometimes need APL labels.  Everything else is stamped and will fit in the post box. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Handed a cube over the counter today,was not asked to wear a mask.
    I thought that you had to in Scotland? 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • CRISPIANNE3
    edited 23 July 2020 at 1:24PM
    Following received from TNS regarding  masks and not coverings.

Hello

Thank you for your message.

We want all our panellists to be safe and comfortable with the valuable work you do for us. We understand that it is recommended to wear a mask, though its not compulsory. Unfortunately we are not in a position to be able to supply all our panellists with masks, but if you are not happy to go to the Post Office to post non boxables, then we are happy to remove them from you for the time being and leave you with just post that can go into a letter box. 

We hope that helps to diminish any concerns that you may have about going to the Post Office.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

unquote.

Also today I received a test item today. However it was only posted 2nd class yesterday.  However when it comes to my personal mail I  sent two recorded items to difference addresses in the last few weeks by recorded delivery and not one has ever been recorded as arrived. However with the first one RM paid me compensation of £22.06.  

• dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Would be a surprise if I got some eggs, I have had none for years
    GONE ENGLAND
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts