Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel - Page 340

New Post Advanced Search

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
3.6K replies 461.5K views

Replies

• hamsamhamsam Forumite
    133 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Does anyone else think it strange that you only get 310 points for sending a cube second class, which is what it costs to post - yet all the other types of parcel are rounded up to the next '00.  As far as I can see you can only exchange round 100's for incentive rewards - so therefore you are being penalised effectively for posting this item.

Does anyone else agree?

I have messaged them and their reply was that as a business it was not cost effective to round up the price of the second class cube!

Yet all the other parcel sizes are rounded up?
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    23.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    redagila said:
    Just received this info. in a reply to me this morning for all your info
    "Also, we changed the process so that if you had taken part in the survey within the past 12 months, you no longer need to complete the training process and will be put on the main survey straight away."
    Some good news at last for those of us who have done this survey for years.
    Yep, I started back a couple of weeks ago and no training. I was quite pleased - it's not exactly rocket science is it - although having said that some panellists do seem to have issues with engaging all their faculties at times. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • LittleVoiceLittleVoice Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    hamsam said:
    Does anyone else think it strange that you only get 310 points for sending a cube second class, which is what it costs to post - yet all the other types of parcel are rounded up to the next '00.  As far as I can see you can only exchange round 100's for incentive rewards - so therefore you are being penalised effectively for posting this item.

Does anyone else agree?

I have messaged them and their reply was that as a business it was not cost effective to round up the price of the second class cube!

Yes, I almost posted about this yesterday when I was looking at the information sheet sent as I've got a cube to post soon.  It's really about 10p because the postage which is pounds and 20p is rounded up.  I've posted a 2nd class cube this time round but that was stamped and I did wonder whether the £3.10 reimbursement for an APL was a typo and they would actually pay £4.
  • hamsamhamsam Forumite
    133 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    They reimbursed me 310 points - I have sent two messages and got nowhere - just seems a bit of an oversight but not one that they can see.  Currently only allowed to exchange in the 100's so its a tad unfair that it is the only rate that is so precise.
  • Baileys_BabeBaileys_Babe Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    hamsam said:
    Does anyone else think it strange that you only get 310 points for sending a cube second class, which is what it costs to post - yet all the other types of the parcel are rounded up to the next '00.  As far as I can see you can only exchange round 100's for incentive rewards - so therefore you are being penalised effectively for posting this item.

Does anyone else agree?

Yes, I almost posted about this yesterday when I was looking at the information sheet sent as I've got a cube to post soon.  It's really about 10p because the postage which is pounds and 20p is rounded up.  I've posted a 2nd class cube this time round but that was stamped and I did wonder whether the £3.10 reimbursement for an APL was a typo and they would actually pay £4.
    You can exchange 2450 points for either £25 voucher for John Lewis or iTunes.

There is always the chance the could decide rounding up the points causes too much hassle so they only refund the exact amount 🤔
  • PrimrosePrimrose Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    This may be a silly question but I haven,t redeemed any points since the rewards went electronic and although I,d like paper  John Lewis vouchers they only seem now to provide electronic ones.
    So how does this work?
    Do they email them as an attachment voucher?
    Or load them onto  your iPhone in some way which  the store scans when you cash them in?
    i,m not good with this  technology some idiot's guide help would be appreciated please from somebody who has used the system.

• LittleVoiceLittleVoice Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Primrose said:
    This may be a silly question but I haven,t redeemed any points since the rewards went electronic and although I,d like paper  John Lewis vouchers they only seem now to provide electronic ones.
    So how does this work?
    Do they email them as an attachment voucher?
    Or load them onto  your iPhone in some way which  the store scans when you cash them in?
    i,m not good with this  technology some idiot's guide help would be appreciated please from somebody who has used the system.
    Clicking through to the My Rewards section, I find the John Lewis e-cards are delivered by email and can be redeemed at John Lewis and Waitrose stores and online with John Lewis.  For use in Waitrose, "Waitrose stores can only accepted printed e-gift cards at this time" (sic).  So simplest thing is to print out your voucher when you receive it via email.
  • widebandwideband Forumite
    78 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts
    molerat said:
    WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEAL CUBES UP PROPERLY !!
    My vent for the day. Received one today with just a single loop of sellotape all the way round.  Postie asked me to check if there was anything in it as it was hanging open and she had put an elastic band round it, the ring of tape had stopped the inner flaps from coming completely open.  Obviously can't report the idiot as I will be the one who gets the chop rather than the dimwit who is too stupid to do things correctly.
    Ditto....received cube this morning with just 2 pieces of parcel tape no longer then 6 inches and even then not stuck down properly.
    Again, would report them, but not at the risk of being removed from survey for their stupidity.
  • PrimrosePrimrose Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I received normal post this morning (Saturday) so obviously Royal Mail are converting back to normal pre-Coronavirus delivery schedules   ( in this area at least).
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've reported things that are done wrong before but haven't been taken off the survey.  I even went through a stint of regularly having things arrive open, and I reported it, expecting to get taken off but wasn't.

It doesn't appear they are short of panellists in this area as I regularly post to local addresses, and today, I've even prepped something for someone living in the same road as me! 
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney