Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got an unaddressed mail invite which was still there a couple of hours after the initial email, if anyone wants to check.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Schnurrbart
    Schnurrbart Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 December 2019 at 6:29PM
    Options
    I've been trying to complete it now since July...They put me on the training for a couple of weeks then say its oversubscribed so pause me.only to reinstate me a few weeks later....its gone on like that since then...apparently I'm due to be back on the panel from 2nd Dec,but I have no idea whether that will be in the training capacity or not.
    Ive done far more than 7 weeks training since july but its not been in an unbroken stint so I guess it doesn't count.
    That's awful, need an answer! I thought that I was being messed around a bit, what with Kantar TNS' mysterious 'process changes' and all, but what you're experiencing is on another level! I'd tell them (very politely, of course) to make up their minds!

I see the point of the training phase for first-time panellists or for returning panellists who haven't participated for a couple of years or more, but it's an utter waste of time for the rest of us (and, by extension, for Kantar TNS).

Congratulations, libra10!
  • General_Grant
    Options
    g. . . I remember the good old days too much....who else can remember getting . . . .

I remember when we used to get all sorts of magazines (eg nursing) and Kantar might even ask you what type you preferred if they spoke to you by phone about it.
  • Schnurrbart
    Schnurrbart Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 December 2019 at 6:48PM
    Options
    On a separate note, does anyone else experience the following on the desktop site?

When I click on 'Available Survey' all that happens is that the page I'm on refreshes. This has been the case for as long as I remember.

When I click on 'Available Survey' on the app, I am at least taken to another page with a message saying that there's currently nothing available.

I'm not entirely sure of the need for that 'Available Survey' link, anyway. If a CD or UM survey is available, then the invite is on a pop-up that appears as soon as you log-in, and you have to select 'Accept' or 'Decline' there and then, before you can proceed any further. So, if there's no pop-up, there's no survey invite to be accessed by the 'Available Survey' link anyway! Even if the desktop link actually worked properly and didn't simply result in a page refresh.

Is my logic sound? Has anyone actually accessed an available survey via that link (on website or app), instead of the compulsory-response pop-up? If not, and everyone else gets the page refresh upon clicking the link, then it must be a redundant page element that, for whatever reason, hasn't been removed.

You may be able to tell that I find it very annoying (although not as annoying as clicking through to an 'available survey' within 30 seconds of receiving the notification email, only to find that there isn't one - yes, you can add me to that list!).

[Edit: I say that the page refreshes, but that isn't entirely accurate. When I click on 'Available Survey' my browser page refresh icon does [I]not [/I]briefly change to an 'X' (to stop the page reload), which is what would normally happen during a page refresh. What [I]does[/I] happen is that, just for a second, the dashboard turns a lighter shade, and a spinning activity circle appears in the middle of the screen. Then the page is displayed as it was before. I apologize if my use of the term 'page refresh' caused some confusion.]
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Options
    On a separate note, does anyone else experience the following on the desktop site?

When I click on 'Available Survey' all that happens is that the page I'm on refreshes. This has been the case for as long as I remember.

When I click on 'Available Survey' on the app, I am at least taken to another page with a message saying that there's currently nothing available.

I'm not entirely sure of the need for that 'Available Survey' link, anyway. If a CD or UM survey is available, then the invite is on a pop-up that appears as soon as you log-in, and you have to select 'Accept' or 'Decline' there and then, before you can proceed any further. So, if there's no pop-up, there's no survey invite to be accessed by the 'Available Survey' link anyway! Even if the desktop link actually worked properly and didn't simply result in a page refresh.

Is my logic sound? Has anyone actually accessed an available survey via that link (on website or app), instead of the compulsory-response pop-up? If not, and everyone else gets the page refresh upon clicking the link, then it must be a redundant page element that, for whatever reason, hasn't been removed.

You may be able to tell that I find it very annoying (although not as annoying as clicking through to an 'available survey' within 30 seconds of receiving the notification email, only to find that there isn't one - yes, you can add me to that list!).

[Edit: I say that the page refreshes, but that isn't entirely accurate. When I click on 'Available Survey' my browser page refresh icon does [I]not [/I]briefly change to an 'X' (to stop the page reload), which is what would normally happen during a page refresh. What [I]does[/I] happen is that, just for a second, the dashboard turns a lighter shade, and a spinning activity circle appears in the middle of the screen. Then the page is displayed as it was before. I apologize if my use of the term 'page refresh' caused some confusion.]

My experience is similar ...

.. however ..

.. these 2 posts suggests just occasionally ...

From memory, it doesn’t pop up on the home screen of the mobile app, you need to go into the “available survey” section to get it.
    I got the invite email and logged in to the website on my phone, no pop up. Then I noticed the Available Survey link on the menu and it was hiding in there.

... IF you need to "reinvigorate" the "pop-up"
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • elsien
    Options
    I remember when we used to get all sorts of magazines (eg nursing) and Kantar might even ask you what type you preferred if they spoke to you by phone about it.

Jewish Chronicla and a boxing magazine. Never read either of them - always hoped for something I was more interested in but it never happened.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I see the point of the training phase for first-time panellists or for returning panellists who haven't participated for a couple of years or more, but it's an utter waste of time for the rest of us (and, by extension, for Kantar TNS).

While the training can be irritating to long term panellists, I imagine if they don’t do it they risk the quality of the results.

As it is for the past few weeks, I have suddenly started getting items where the white internal label has been placed anywhere apart from its designated area + a Jiffy bag that should have been a parcel.

Actually, on that.. out of interest what do others do if the incorrect postage is put on an item do you still choose ‘1st/Xp’ or do you choose the others option as it was first class but a different figure?
  • elsien
    Options
    I had a cube once that was meant to be APL but the sender had pocketed the vouchers and stuck a very large quantity of the free stamps all over it to make up the total. It looked ridiculous as they wouldn't all fit on one side.
    I reported it as other, explained why and was asked to send photos. Presumably so they could follow it up with the panellist.

• NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Jewish Chronicla and a boxing magazine. Never read either of them - always hoped for something I was more interested in but it never happened.
    Publicans Weekly - I skipped through it for articles about breweries/real ale.
    Property Weekly - aimed at estate agents I think. Straight to recycling.
    Top Gear - I was actually looking forward to that. Only two ever arrived, and after I reported two as not arriving, TNS said they were stopping it.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    I had a cube once that was meant to be APL but the sender had pocketed the vouchers and stuck a very large quantity of the free stamps all over it to make up the total. It looked ridiculous as they wouldn't all fit on one side.
    I reported it as other, explained why and was asked to send photos. Presumably so they could follow it up with the panellist.

I had one exactly the same a couple of months ago. Kantar asked me if there was an APL label on it so I told them no there were just a load of stamps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure