New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Funny Joke Thread

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Funny Money
6.4K replies 911.4K views

Replies

• peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woman hears some strange noises from her wardrobe
    What's going on in there? she asks
    Narnia your business was the reply.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Bobo_BrazilBobo_Brazil Forumite
    147 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Went for a job interview the other day. They said I was articulate. Qualified. An absolutely perfect fit for what they wanted. "You're what we're looking for, we absolutely want someone who's outstanding in their field..." they said.
    Didn't get the job. They hired a scarecrow.
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been training to become a ventriloquist, I'm very good at it, even if I say so myself..........

My Lovely Cousin inherited a ventriloquist's doll. It inspired me to visit a ventriloquist's clug, but unfortunately it was menger's only.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    30K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One morning a local highway department crew reaches their job site and realizes they have forgotten all their shovels.
    The crew's foreman calls the office and tells his supervisor the situation.
    The supervisor says, "Don't worry, we'll send some shovels... just lean on each other until they arrive."
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    49.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One morning a local highway department crew reaches their job site and realizes they have forgotten all their shovels.
    The crew's foreman calls the office and tells his supervisor the situation.
    The supervisor says, "Don't worry, we'll send some shovels... just lean on each other until they arrive."

I thought you were going to say, "Don't worry, we'll send some shovels. Just take your pick."
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    30K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A woman walked into her kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter.
    What are you doing ?she asked
    Hunting flies was his reply

Caught any yet? she asked
    Yes, 2 males and 3 females
    Intrigued she asked. How do you know their sex?

Well I caught 2 on a beer can and 3 on the phone.
    49.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a rough and ready wedding.
    He was rough and she …

It was a fastidious wedding.
    He was fast and she ...
  • Biggus_DickusBiggus_Dickus Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    A guy was sat at a bar when he heard a voice say "You look really great today!" He looked around, but no one was there.

A while later he hears "Nice shoes, and I just love that suit” and again no one there.

A little freaked-out he explains the situation to the barman and asks “where are the voices coming from?”

The barman replies "don’t worry, it’s just the peanuts,...they’re complimentary ".

• Biggus_DickusBiggus_Dickus Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Clubbers in Yorkshire are using dental syringes to inject liquid Ecstasy directly into their mouths. A dangerous practice known as 'E by Gum'.

Yorkshireman: “I want my cat neutered”
    Vet: “is it a tom?”
    Yorkshireman: “No,... it’s in this box”

• Bobo_BrazilBobo_Brazil Forumite
    147 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Came over feeling a bit off the other day. Randomly I could not help it, I started singing "My my my Delilah" and "the Green Green Grass of Home" repeatedly, almost every 10 to 15 minutes.

The Doctor told me I have Tom Jones syndrome.
    'Is it common?' I asked him
    'It's not Unusual' he replied.