Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

What to do now?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
2 replies 308 views
mum1205mum1205 Forumite
16 Posts
Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
I received a parking charge through the post last December from G24 for overstaying 12 minutes in a B&M car park. I sent the details to Private Parking Appeals Ltd via The Parking Cowboys website with my payment.

I was assigned a case handler in January and advised by her that she had informed DRP that any further communication should be directed to herself.

I heard nothing until I received a letter from DRP in May requesting £150. I contacted them by email informing them that they should deal with my case handler at PPA Ltd.

I have since then emailed ant telephoned PPALtd numerous times and left messages to contact me about my case. No reply despite 2 requests from Parking Cowboys to them also asking them to contact me.

Today I have received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors demanding that I make payment to DRP within the next 14 days or risk further court action.

I need help now please and advice on what to do now. if anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

Replies

• waamowaamo Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are at the debt collectors stage. Gladstones are acting as debt collectors here.

At the top of the forum is a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. Post 4 in that thread deals with debt collectors.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mum1205 wrote: »
    I received a parking charge through the post last December from G24 for overstaying 12 minutes in a B&M car park. I sent the details to Private Parking Appeals Ltd via The Parking Cowboys website with my payment.

I was assigned a case handler in January and advised by her that she had informed DRP that any further communication should be directed to herself.

I heard nothing until I received a letter from DRP in May requesting £150. I contacted them by email informing them that they should deal with my case handler at PPA Ltd.

I have since then emailed ant telephoned PPALtd numerous times and left messages to contact me about my case. No reply despite 2 requests from Parking Cowboys to them also asking them to contact me.

Today I have received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors demanding that I make payment to DRP within the next 14 days or risk further court action.

I need help now please and advice on what to do now. if anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

You are not the first with PPA and doubtless you won't be the last

You have received a suped up letter from DRP using Gladstones
    letterhead. Gladstones pimp out their letterheads.

It's Gladstones that risk taken you to court because there is a grace period on entering and leaving a car park

The courts are not favourable towards Gladstones because they
    are so incompetent and taking you court over 12 mins will show us just how incompetent they have become.

Come back here if you get court papers as the experts here will
    whoop gladstones.
    This infact helps gladstones as they won't get whooped in court
    by a real judge

If you feel that the letter is misleading or menacing, you have the
    right to complain to Trading Standards which is highly recommended
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
This discussion has been closed.