Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Britannia PCN - University parking

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
4 replies 379 views
jack12345jack12345 Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi all
This is my first post on the MSE Forums and I'd like to thank everyone who put the NEWBIE advise for parking charges together, it has been a great help.
So, I'm about to make a PCN appeal to Britannia Parking via their website using the template which has been kindly provided for BPA members. In terms of the PCN, it relates to university parking which states no parking between 8am-4pm unless in ownership of a parking permit. I'd like to ask if anyone has any advice specific to Britannia Parking or to this particular type car park.

Thanks in advance 😊

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Only to say that Britannia are easy to beat using the template appeal (email it, not by post). And they are such a pushover that I am disappointed when I park at Waitrose and don't get a love letter on my windscreen from them! Their operation is not much different at any car park, and Uni car parks are no different, no special approach needed.

You will beat Britannia, with ease, by using the forum templates and not naming the driver.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you for your reply ��

As expected my appeal was rejected. The appeal stated that "The Protection of freedoms Act 2012 is only relevant if you were not the driver of the vehicle, as you have contacted us regarding the Parking Charge Notice, you are obviously aware of it and as you are also appealing, have come to a reasonable conclusion that you were also the driver at the time the contraventions occurred." The driver of the vehicle was not stated, and can they 'assume' the driver at the time?

What does that mean to pursue at POPLA stage?

Thank you for your help!
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no they cannot assume that the keeper was the driver

did they issue a popla code ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 25 July 2017 at 6:19PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 July 2017 at 6:19PM
    Same as already advised, nothing has changed - THINK ABOUT IT. You appealed as keeper. Why would we advise that, as a tactic?!

Who can't they hold liable? YOU.

You just need to stick with the plan, draft a POPLA appeal based upon the NEWBIES thread post #3. If your PCN was a windscreen one, did Britannia ever send a Notice to Keeper in the post after a month? If not then obviously you also use the template point about 'no NTK served'.

If the PCN was a postal one, instead you add the template point about Britannia NTKs not being compliant (easy to find, search 'Britannia POPLA no keeper liability' and read other people's winning efforts and copy that, assuming Britannia have not improved their wording. You can copy a whole POPLA appela someone else has done if you like, and adapt and tweak it to suit.

Job done, the keeper wins.

The driver of the vehicle was not stated, and can they 'assume' the driver at the time?
    No. That's the whole point of appealing as keeper. No idea why people read the drivel spouted by these firms! Britannia will lose.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals