Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

What's irritating you VI - Page 794

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

What's irritating you VI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15K replies 700.1K views

Replies

• coffeehoundcoffeehound Forumite
    4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm house-sitting this week. The owners just received a message on the answering machine next to the TV. It now beeps loudly every ten seconds. Obvs I can't listen to the message, and there's no other way of silencing the beep. I've got another four days of this! #FirstWorldProblems
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm house-sitting this week. The owners just received a message on the answering machine next to the TV. It now beeps loudly every ten seconds. Obvs I can't listen to the message, and there's no other way of silencing the beep. I've got another four days of this! #FirstWorldProblems

Nothing on google to silence the thing?
  • edited 16 October 2018 at 2:10PM
    colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 October 2018 at 2:10PM
    So much for DPD being better than Yodel. Apparently he tried to deliver my parcel and left it in my designated safe place. No knock, no card, didn't designate a safe place, parcel AWOL.

I think I might have had similar off DPD but I think in that case they still had the parcel, they are all a bit hopeless at times, I just wonder if it is the pressure on the delivery blokes to do to many deliveries in a set time, one thing is for certain it is not like it used to be with Postman Pat, he would never survive in this current climate, Oh I have a funny Geordie Postman Pat video....it is rude with swearing, bad swearing so don't listen if offended :eek: but first I need to go to the boardroom to do some IT :cool:

as an aside I can guarantee a IT fault will come in just when I have made a cuppa

anyway this Postman Pat is very rude!!!! so don't watch if you are offended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IAidNtBIEM
  • coffeehoundcoffeehound Forumite
    4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My dog's barking is bothering the life out of me today :(
    Is he barking more than usual?
    colinw wrote: »
    Nothing on google to silence the thing?
    That's a good idea Colin will have a look. Heh, sweary postman Pat :D
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's a good idea Colin will have a look. Heh, sweary postman Pat :D

The postman pat is funny but a bit non PC :eek:
  • Wizard_of_IdWizard_of_Id
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes he is :eek:
    Started with next doors cat at 6:30am and 2 different dogs on our first walk, he has gone downhill from there :(
    He even had a go at an abandoned trolley on our way home from Aldi and a poor little dog that just happened to be passing went into shock :(
    He is now standing on the windowsill staring at that cat again so I am just waiting for the next round.
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer services managed to get a hold of him and he was still in the area, so he came back to deliver it properly.

The best bit was that he uploaded a photo of where he's left it. It's not part of my building. I literally have no clue where it is. I'm guessing it's the bin store of one of the houses.

The worst bit is that I'm now shaking and trying not to cry and/or vomit because I had to go outside on my own to look for him. Mental health issues are endlessly irritating.

The Postman Pat video was brilliant. I loved the "not !!!!ing eBay again!". I suspect my old postie had the same response when I got a bit carried away with secondhand books and DVDs on Amazon. :)

That must be a pain the stress from having to do that :( yes that video is quite funny :p I got a nice photo of my front door off DPD once to prove they had been when I was not in....
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes he is :eek:
    Started with next doors cat at 6:30am and 2 different dogs on our first walk, he has gone downhill from there :(
    He even had a go at an abandoned trolley on our way home from Aldi and a poor little dog that just happened to be passing went into shock :(
    He is now standing on the windowsill staring at that cat again so I am just waiting for the next round.

He might just be having one those Grrrrrrr days as well like the rest of us :rotfl:
  • Wizard_of_IdWizard_of_Id
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    He has been a bit moody since the chemical neutering wore off and a certain lady dog along the road was in heat up until last week and that affected him badly as I think it would have been his first boost of testosterone from that side of life :eek:
    Vet thinks I am right not to get him neutered proper though as he would just turn into a whimpering wreck.
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    He has been a bit moody since the chemical neutering wore off and a certain lady dog along the road was in heat up until last week and that affected him badly as I think it would have been his first boost of testosterone from that side of life :eek:
    Vet thinks I am right not to get him neutered proper though as he would just turn into a whimpering wreck.

Always women to blame :cool::rotfl: