Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

What's irritating you VI - Page 330

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

What's irritating you VI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15K replies 698.2K views

Replies

• Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mark1959 wrote: »
    Not so long ago [although it's probably 20+ years] Argos used to semi force you into divulging your name, address, phone no. etc just to buy some batteries. :eek:
    A few days ago I bought something from Halfords [overpriced] and just as the receipt is being printed out, Halfords man asks for my e mail address, for the receipt he says. :question: :D

Mountain Warehouse do that at the check-out every single time. I used to politely decline and try to give an acceptable reason, but now I just say "no, I get enough junk mail", and that's the end of that!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be easier to buy your household stuff in a shop?

I was bulk buying bicarbonate of soda, used to get it from a health food shop in last town, but Amazon had 20l of white Vinegar for £6.29 before Christmas which I use for fabric conditioner.
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    mark1959 wrote: »
    Not so long ago [although it's probably 20+ years] Argos used to semi force you into divulging your name, address, phone no. etc just to buy some batteries. :eek:
    A few days ago I bought something from Halfords [overpriced] and just as the receipt is being printed out, Halfords man asks for my e mail address, for the receipt he says. :question: :D

Another thing if you are returning something, some retailers want your address. Why?
  • Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    avogadro wrote: »
    After experiencing several issues with home deliveries (item gone missing, been left in an unsafe place, been stolen, etc etc) OH and I are rapidly coming to the conclusion that it's better to go into an actual shop and buy the product.

Same here, except there are some things that can't seem to be found in shops. I am currently awaiting delivery of a Kindle case from eBay that was meant to arrive on Friday or Saturday. Amazon's delivery record is pretty good but similar items cost about six times as much!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    Same here, except there are some things that can't seem to be found in shops. I am currently awaiting delivery of a Kindle case from eBay that was meant to arrive on Friday or Saturday. Amazon's delivery record is pretty good but similar items cost about six times as much!

I agree with the internet is far cheaper to buy phone, tablet, e-book reader accessories than in the shops. .

The other day, I purchased 3x 2m usb cables from Amazon for £6.99. I am lucky to get one for that price in a shop.
  • Invertebrates on the forums pressing the report button.

Silly people even believe that means you are gone with.

I will be without doubt (gone with) , just waiting for the final warning, but will be back, in various forms, as proved by many others, even some on this forum.

Good luck y'all.
  • avogadro wrote: »
    You've been on here for about ten years, why are they making trouble for you as of now?

I do agree re. the AE accounts. I have asked for feedback on this subject over on the forum rules discussion board. The silence (so far) has been deafening..

Really not worth bothering with this forum much now. A lot of the good posters have stopped posting (anyone seen quids recently?) and the place is full of trolls and various other AE accounts.

Thank you. First of all I made a clever reference to somebody not being worthy of the use of their right hand , that got reported.

Then it was my own fault by being abusive, I can admit that. But, I'll not take anybody trying to undermine me in real life and I certainly won't take it on an anonymous forum where people can hide. I'm more than happy if they wish to bring that to real life.

So I need to take most of the blame however I never got the ball rolling.

I agree the forum is shocking these days, I normally only read as I cannot be bothered typing.

I'll be back. If only to get the button pressers banned. I do revenge rather well.

All the best to you.
  • joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
    17.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do agree re. the AE accounts. I have asked for feedback on this subject over on the forum rules discussion board. The silence (so far) has been deafening..

Really not worth bothering with this forum much now. A lot of the good posters have stopped posting (anyone seen quids recently?) and the place is full of trolls and various other AE accounts.

This ^^^.....
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've been on here for about ten years, why are they making trouble for you as of now?

The trouble is, there are some of us hanging on trying to maintain some sort of sanity (:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:) in the chaos that is the mire of AEs. :(
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• uberalles wrote: »
    Thank you. First of all I made a clever reference to somebody not being worthy of the use of their right hand , that got reported.

Then it was my own fault by being abusive, I can admit that. But, I'll not take anybody trying to undermine me in real life and I certainly won't take it on an anonymous forum where people can hide. I'm more than happy if they wish to bring that to real life.

So I need to take most of the blame however I never got the ball rolling.

I agree the forum is shocking these days, I normally only read as I cannot be bothered typing.

I'll be back. If only to get the button pressers banned. I do revenge rather well.

All the best to you.

When you try to ask users by PM who reported you and when you started getting abusive with several of them who raised objections about your abusive behaviour, you had it coming to you.