Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

What's irritating you VI - Page 327

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

What's irritating you VI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15K replies 698.2K views

Replies

• colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Pyxis wrote: »
    What I don't understand is that if that remark was made at a meeting, who told the press?

Anyway, I'm glad he's not coming next month.

Having watched the Miriam Margolyes programme the other night, I'm now understanding more how he got elected. :(

Lots of people told news organisations what was said, he blamed Obama for the Embassy move as well even though it was signed off by George Bush in 2008. The man is an utter orange buffoon.
  • TarryTarry Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Lurpack is 2.50 at Home Bargains.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread
    -I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarry wrote: »
    Lurpack is 2.50 at Home Bargains.

What Grammage Tarry :p I buy the big one at Asda when they are on offer
  • It irritates me when people compare butter and margarine as if they're the same thing. They're not!

Margarine is bland and spreadable and adds a much needed layer of moisture to a sandwich, while also serving as a greasy tomato juice resistant layer to stop your bread from going soggy before lunchtime. You could use butter but unless it's exactly the right temperature it will either tear the bread or will soak in to it, rendering it useless as a filling-barrier. It also has a much stronger flavour which can prove overpowering.

Butter (salted of course, only utter degenerates would consider using unsalted, which is basically just fat) is ideal for spreading thickly on toast, crumpets and teacakes. It's thickness gives it the perfect melting point whereas margarine used in these situations would just turn in to an insipid pool. It's salty fattiness contrasted with any type of bread is a timeless classic.

Margarine and butter can both be used for baking, but lets be honest, you just use whichever one you've got in the fridge when you decide to bake a cake.
    Some people think margarine is bad for you because of added ingredients and preservatives and whatnot, but unless you're eating it out of the tub with a spoon I doubt it's going to have any major impact on your lifespan.
    Both can be spread on malt loaf or melted on to a jacket potato, don't ask me why, it's a scientific fact and Steven Hawking probably knows but he's not going to tell you.
  • Another day of computer woes.

Windows keeps finding old updates.

I keep trying to install them.

The computer keeps suffering 'fatal error' and fails to restart.

I keep doing 'system restore'.

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TarryTarry Forumite
    11.2K posts
    colinw wrote: »
    What Grammage Tarry :p I buy the big one at Asda when they are on offer

The smaller one? Think it's 250g of top of my head?
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread
    -I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
  • minimad1970minimad1970 Forumite
    6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see you back on form fairy lights :D
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see you back on form fairy lights :D

Hear! Hear! :)

(Speaking as an utter degenerate! ;) :rotfl:)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Hear! Hear! :)

Pardon? :)
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Pardon? :)

Granted.

(I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek: