New Post Advanced Search

Flight claims company sending threatening letters

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
943 replies 101.8K views

Replies

• JAM2018JAM2018 Forumite
    140 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    I have checked and FDCT filed the DQ on 11/01/2019 and the claim was transferred to the local court.

Why, if there is a deadline of 26/10/18 and FDCT miss the deadline, are they allowed to continue with the claim?
  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    So DQ had to be in by 26/10/18?
    Did you request the case be struck out after that date?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    140 posts
    I rang the court to get an update, several times and was told by the court that it was struck out on 16/12/2018.
  • PomBearPomBear Forumite
    172 posts
    So I have been following this thread for a while. Not legal, just a law student so, Legal Magpie (if you are reading this), I wondered if there might be some remedy for some of the posters through the Personal Harrasment Act 1997? It does allow for civil recovery in Tort. And it has been used successfully against British Gas. Can’t quite remember the case. Just wondered, if (somebody was sufficiently resourced enough) whether a counter claim for harassment might get them to back off.

If this is a ridiculous idea, I stand corrected and will bow out!
    140 posts
    FDCT need to be held accountable for their actions and if anyone has any ideas on how to make that happen then they would be very welcome.

Have emailed Northampton Trading Standards for an update.
  • tracylawsontracylawson Forumite
    10 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    I’m going to ring Northampton Trading Standards tomorrow to report them and see what they have to say. Thanks
  • legal_magpielegal_magpie Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    PomBear wrote: »
    So I have been following this thread for a while. Not legal, just a law student so, Legal Magpie (if you are reading this), I wondered if there might be some remedy for some of the posters through the Personal Harrasment Act 1997? It does allow for civil recovery in Tort. And it has been used successfully against British Gas. Can’t quite remember the case. Just wondered, if (somebody was sufficiently resourced enough) whether a counter claim for harassment might get them to back off.

If this is a ridiculous idea, I stand corrected and will bow out!

Not a ridiculous idea at all. Indeed I suggested it a while ago. Yes, I do know the British Gas case, which is the leading case on the subject. As you're a law student,you can look it up yourself.😀
    I would, however, recommend that a letter be sent confirming that the person involved disputes the claim and advising that any further telephone calls will be considered harassment. BUT who will want to fund such a case?
  • edited 13 May 2019 at 10:53AM
    JAM2018JAM2018 Forumite
    140 posts
    edited 13 May 2019 at 10:53AM
    Hello All,

Got a reply to my email to [Name removed] at Northampton Trading Standards.

"Our investigations are ongoing, however, as this is a live investigation I am unable to provide you with any more details."
  • CharlBCharlB Forumite
    45 posts
    Hi All,

Following my submitting of an SAR to the Fdct, theyve continued to send me demand for payments including 2 formal demands by signed for post. Do you think theyre just doing this to try get money out of me before the month deadline is up, because im getting really nervous as to whether i do actually owe them the money or not.

Many thanks
  • edited 15 January 2019 at 1:24PM
    JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 January 2019 at 1:24PM
    Yes. And I believe it is unlawful/against CPR protocol to use legal action in a distressing manner? Legal magpie maybe able to enlighten us?
    Make sure, somewhere in writing, you have informed these scumbags that you don't agree with charges levied and will contest them.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........