ipnone 5 . Caller blocked but can still leave voicemail

Options
beanielou
beanielou Posts: 90,677 Ambassador
Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
Hello.
Can someone help?
Have a iphone 5 s.
Have blocked a number but for some reason they can still leave a message. Is there something I am doing wrong?
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hello.
    Can someone help?
    Have a iphone 5 s.
    Have blocked a number but for some reason they can still leave a message. Is there something I am doing wrong?

All the block does is not ring the handset, the network still has to do something with the call, in your case it diverts on no reply or busy to the voicemail.
    I wouldn't get to eat up on the call blocking of a single number as the caller can just dial from another phone.
    Some handsets you can just accept calls from a select set of numbers, but that is very limited.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello.
    Can someone help?
    Have a iphone 5 s.

I use the Android version myself but try the 'Mr Number' app for iPhones:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr-number-call-block-reverse-lookup/id1047334922?mt=8
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,072 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Switch OFF voicemail
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Hello.
    Can someone help?
    Have a iphone 5 s.
    I have the same issue, i just ignore the voicemails
    ballyblack wrote: »
    Switch OFF voicemail

not an option for me as i use my phone for my business and if i am busy then i need voicemail
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,677 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks all.
    Was more worried that I had missed something/ done something wrong.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure