My M&S intro offer coming to an end - who's ahead of me?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
2 replies 890 views
SnakeySnakey Forumite
1.2K Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
I have a couple of "just checking" questions - pretty sure I know the answers but would appreciate a second opinion from somebody who's been there.

1. Monthly pay-in

May will be the last month that I can qualify for a monthly £10 gift card credit. As far as I can recall, the only reason I was paying in £1,000 a month was to get the gift card. Is there any other reason I might need to keep that payment going (is there something I'm missing)?

2. Regular saver

My Regular Saver will be maturing in early June. The T&Cs say that I have to have two active DD's in order to open a new Regular Saver. However, I may be about to cancel one of them due to an issue with the payee.

As far as I can tell from their website, if I have two DD's going out at the end of May and I open a new RS in early June, I will qualify. I could then safely:
- cancel one DD
- move the other one (which is a utilities bill) to my 123 account to get a few pee cashback, and
- reduce my monthly pay-in to the £250 required to fund the RS.

But I would feel a lot more comfortable if somebody who's already done this could confirm that this is the case. I would hate to find them closing down my RS or something because I've misunderstood the way the rules work.

Thanks for reading. :)

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs