🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Is EE breaking the law by not giving a per MB data roaming deal?

Options
lesshaste
lesshaste Posts: 51 Forumite
I asked about this in the wrong place in the forums before.

EE appears not to allow you pay per MB when data roaming in the EU. Interestingly, this contradicts part of its website, for example https://explore.ee.co.uk/roaming/ee/denmark where it says

"If you prefer to pay our standard rates abroad for data, please call 150 from your EE handset.

Data will then be charged at 4.4p/MB abroad in the EU and £7.50/MB in all other destinations. Prices include VAT where applicable. "

But if you call them they say it's not available.

There is a per MB price cap under the law and clearly if you buy a daily add-on for 3 pounds say, and only use 1MB you are way over this cap.

Are they allowed (under EU laws) not to offer any per MB deal at all when you are roaming in the EU?

Comments

• ReadySteady_2
    Options
    Try again, this time asking for the "International Travel Pass opt out".
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    lesshaste wrote: »
    But if you call them they say it's not available
    You just have to insist that the opt-out is in fact available.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • lesshaste
    lesshaste Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Try again, this time asking for the "International Travel Pass opt out".

Wow. What a scam! I just called and they appear to have accepted that magic phrase. I will see later if it actually works.

Next step is to get a refund for all the days they charged me per day when they said it was impossible to move to a per MB deal.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family