Lloyds tsb gold package

Hi can anyone please confirm what would have been included in this package from 1999 to the start of 2004? I am adamant i was paying £8 per month which covered travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and car breakdown. Man at lloyds has told me i am incorrect and the only feature i had was travel insurance as mobile and breakdown didnt start on that package until may 2004 after i cancelled. I said so £8 per month was just travel insurance he said yes! I find hard to believe as pretty sure it had rest but have no old paperwork to back me up. Perhaps im just getting old!

Comments

• He has also just told me i just got travel insurance, card cover and discounted loans for being a gold account customer?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Based on a newspaper report from the launch in 1998 you got:

Travel insurance for you and partner (at £96 a year it was a little cheaper than a similar annual policy) - for 30 day long trips
    Commission free currency / traveller's cheque purchases
    No fee if £1000 a month balance was left in the account
    legal and medical help while abroad
    Fee-free gold credit card
    Card protection
    Purchase protection (120 days cover against loss or damage)
    Extended warranties

I cannot find any mention of car breakdown or phone cover
  • Thanks for your help! I must have been going mad then!
  • Out of interest i have read it appears lloyds introduced first packaged account in 1997. Was this the silver account and did that have mobile insurance and car breakdown at that time? I remember having an account with them features around them dates and thought was gold but maybe it wasnt!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Out of interest i have read it appears lloyds introduced first packaged account in 1997. Was this the silver account and did that have mobile insurance and car breakdown at that time? I remember having an account with them features around them dates and thought was gold but maybe it wasnt!

Highly unlikely the cheaper package would offer more

At the time you are talking about the main ones (Royal Bank's Royalties, Lloyds Gold, Barclays Additions, NatWest Advantage1 and TSB Select) did not offer car breakdown or mobile insurance
  • Ok thankyoi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport