tesco delivery price's

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
31 replies 27.8K views

Replies

• JetJet Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    raeble wrote: »
    Not sure where you've been looking online but Tesco's doesn't have a minimum order. Sainsbury's is £25 and Ocado varies between £40 - £95 especially if you want to use their vouchers. Don't know about Asda as they don't deliver to my area.

I've noticed that Tesco deliveries tend to be more expensive on the weekend £5.99. Midweek is usually £3.99 in my area.

I think the poster means that to use a voucher from the voucher board to offset against the delivery charge - you always need to spend at least £50. Not very money saving if there is only one of you - £50 a week is a lot for a single person.

I'm a single parent with one child and I only use the online service now and again for this reason.
  • molleymolley Forumite
    521 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    When did Tesco sneak the increase in delivery charges in .I only noticed the variation this moning £3.75 to £6.50 .
  • cepheuscepheus
    20.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the minimum they charge nowadays?
  • stsarinastsarina Forumite
    263 Posts
    The cheapest I can get it is £3, which is Tues 9pm-11pm. Usually waiting it for DH to get in from work anyway, so I don't mind it!
    Team Pink! Baby girl due 25/5/14
  • edited 31 May 2011 at 3:35PM
    cepheuscepheus
    20.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 May 2011 at 3:35PM
    Is this inclusive of all other charges, do they display their prices explicity? Their site suggests it depends upon the amount.

I'm helping out a disabled person, and wondering if this might be more suitable than paying £2 through a charity for the service. She orders about 20 items worth £30 filling about two tesco bags.
  • my tesco delivery charge is 3quid but thats an evening slot between 8 and 10 usually tues or thurs it is steep but i dont mind because probably cost me that in petrol to drive to tesco and i love not having to hump loads of shopping;)
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    they do a £3 slot of a wed afternoon i usually use this slot and it would cost me just as much to drive there and back, but i do tend to only order every once in awhile for heavy stuff
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • cepheuscepheus
    20.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I couldn't find the prices on the Tesco site, although it kept crashing my 64 bit browser!

Here are the delivery prices for the various supermarkets.

http://www.onlinegrocerystore.co.uk/online-supermarket-deliveries.htm
  • CH27CH27 Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I paid £3 yesterday for an afternoon delivery.
    I do a bulk shop about every six weeks & £3 is well worth it for me not having to lift & carry the heavy stuff.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • Penelope_PenguinPenelope_Penguin Forumite
    17.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Best Buy Bear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As this is more about shopping than Old style, I'll move it over :)

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals