tesco delivery price's

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
31 replies 27.8K views

Replies

• I just went to order my shop as I am poorly at the moment, and was stunned at the hike in the delivery cost. Instead I have gone to Sainsburys who have a standard £5 charge across the board, and if you spend £70 on a Tues, Wed or Thurs delivery the cost is reduced to £2.50

The general consensus between family, friends and colleagues at the moment is just how dear the weekly food shop has become. Despite buying pretty much the same things each month we are finding it is costing us considerably more
  • Just looked inmy area - you can still get delic=very for 3.99 on tues + wed, but thurs is now 4.50 - 4.99 and mon is 4.99 and sat/sun is 6.75. Good thing I decided to not use them anymore.....

• conradmumconradmum Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek:

I haven't paid a delivery charge in 4 years and I get the shopping once a week.

Go here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=6424383#post6424383

for discount codes. You can usually get at least a fiver off your shopping, often more. You can bank extra codes you can't use at the time, and open new accounts to use those really good codes (10 or 15 pounds) more than once!
  • raebleraeble Forumite
    911 Posts
    I've never shopped online. The minimum order is way too big for one person living in a bedsit (you can only stockpile so many loo rolls before you can't get around your room).

And, I like to rummage for the bargains. And see new stuff.
    Not sure where you've been looking online but Tesco's doesn't have a minimum order. Sainsbury's is £25 and Ocado varies between £40 - £95 especially if you want to use their vouchers. Don't know about Asda as they don't deliver to my area.

I've noticed that Tesco deliveries tend to be more expensive on the weekend £5.99. Midweek is usually £3.99 in my area.
  • luxor4tluxor4t Forumite
    11.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make an on-line order once every 6 weeks and just get the heavy staples - tins, bottles, washing powder etc etc to save carrying. We have a secure garage so space to store stuff now we have cleared the clutter!
    I always order for the latest evening delivery - and always (so far, anyway!) have had a phone call much earlier from the driver to ask if he can deliver sooner.... have not had to pay the extra charge!
    Did once try to increase my green points by not using the bags, but sadly their system assumes one line on the order = 1 item when it is actually 10 tins of beans etc. Never again!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • Even if I can’t get a delivery freebie I’m still happy to pay the delivery charge. Why:-

a) My impulse buying is eradicated. It can really mount up (I’m weak).
    b) My supermarkets are a round trip of about ½ a gallon of fuel away anyway (About 2.20 at current prices) which is a partial offset.
    c) As I’ve mentioned in other posts, it also keeps me from harming others. You know, the ones who have a conversation in the middle of the aisle with their trolleys forming a kind of road block. Grrr!!!!
    £5.99 Delivery vs. £700 legal fees plus 3 months suspended … No contest.
    My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
  • LJMLJM Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    have just put in my order and got a voucher for £10 off so not bad free delivery and £5 off my shopping
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • jcr16jcr16 Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was planning on doing a tesco shop friday. but i've done my neck muscle's in. so am in lots of pain so it looks like i might have to do an online order. unless i can pursade hubby to take me so he can drive and push trolley.( but i don't think that will happen.)
  • floss2floss2 Forumite
    8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if I can’t get a delivery freebie I’m still happy to pay the delivery charge. Why:-

a) My impulse buying is eradicated. It can really mount up (I’m weak).
    b) My supermarkets are a round trip of about ½ a gallon of fuel away anyway (About 2.20 at current prices) which is a partial offset.
    c) As I’ve mentioned in other posts, it also keeps me from harming others. You know, the ones who have a conversation in the middle of the aisle with their trolleys forming a kind of road block. Grrr!!!!
    £5.99 Delivery vs. £700 legal fees plus 3 months suspended … No contest.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • When I went online to book our slot for next week, the Saturday 4-6pm slot was showing as £0.59! Obviously a typo but I booked it anyway. Anyone know if they'll honour it or charge me the full price (£5.99 presumably)?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals