tesco delivery price's

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
31 replies 27.8K views
jcr16jcr16 Forumite
4.2K Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
i've been looking at tesco shop online. as i'm due to go there on fri and thought i'd see what special offers are on. so i can make a shopppinglist. anyway i thought id check order out to see if i had any vouchers i could see.

i then saw how much they now charging for delivery.

It seems to all now depends not only on the day but the time.

friday morning's are £6.50 :eek: and fri afternoon £6.25 but 9-11 pm is £5.25.

good thing is u can now choose to only pay £3.75, but thats a tue 9-11pm i generally use this slot any way. but i was really shocked to see such a huge variety in the price's.

Replies

• ElliesmumElliesmum Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Or you pop onto the codes thread and get a free delivery code. This is what I do for ASDA - never paid for delivery yet!

EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • Poet_2Poet_2 Forumite
    258 Posts
    I know what you mean so I've now started to order in bulk and use the little chest freezer in our garage to stockpile. The garage has been full of junk for years and we weren't able to clamber over it to reach the freezer! DH cleared it all out recently so I decided to do a monthly on-line shop and just go to the supermarket for bits and pieces as and when.

I try not to go in person cos some idiot is bound to scratch your car! When I do go, I try to go during the day, during the week; hoping it won't be as busy. Luckily (or perhaps not!?) I now have a disabled badge so parking isn't the chore it used to be. I can't use the bus so on-line shopping is ideal but like you say, delivery is expensive. You'd think there'd be a discount for disabled people!
  • Poet_2Poet_2 Forumite
    258 Posts
    Elliesmum wrote: »
    Or you pop onto the codes thread and get a free delivery code. This is what I do for ASDA - never paid for delivery yet!

EM xx

who? what? where?????
  • PasturesNewPasturesNew Forumite
    70.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never shopped online. The minimum order is way too big for one person living in a bedsit (you can only stockpile so many loo rolls before you can't get around your room).

And, I like to rummage for the bargains. And see new stuff.
  • Poet_2Poet_2 Forumite
    258 Posts
    I've never shopped online. The minimum order is way too big for one person living in a bedsit (you can only stockpile so many loo rolls before you can't get around your room).

And, I like to rummage for the bargains. And see new stuff.

when's the best time to go whoops type bargains etc? I never seem to see anything worth having.
  • celyn90celyn90 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does vary so much it's scary. I've just done mine and I wanted it delivered tommorrow - no way on earth - it's coming on Tuesday night now :).

At least they deliver late though, I have such erratic working hours that 9-11pm suits me fine :)

I think it's area dependent too. Maximum I've seen up here is 5.99
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • jcr16jcr16 Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    i often use codes. hence my sig and how many point's i've been saving. i only do 1 tesco shop online a month max at mo. so pleased with how that going.

i will prob still use tesco online. but get it delivered tuesday night. thats a good day and time for me anyway. i just can't believe how much the prices have gone up.
  • i think it does depend on area as my prices are not the same

oh i changed my mind the prices have changed since i got my shopping on Tuesday just gone

tesco.jpg
    Still Trying :o
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £400/£000
  • jcr16jcr16 Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for posting that up. i was trying to work out how to do it.
  • yw jcr16

I will still use tesco online as long as i can still get money off or extra points. I only do 1 online shop a month but it makes so much difference to me. I have always chosen a cheap day so will now have to try and fit it in at a cheap day and time that i can do and not disturb the family or my routine.
    Still Trying :o
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £400/£000
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up