Property or savings investment

Options
Hi, i have £100,000 not doing much earning at moment, because I'm currently debating on whether to buy a house and rent it to generate an income, or whether to invest elsewhere for the same goal.
Some of this pot is invested in an ISA not fixed so easily accessible, are then any good funds around that would give me a good returns.
Advice and ideas would be gratefully appreciated .

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    penpon wrote: »
    are then any good funds around that would give me a good returns.

Ah, I see I was wrong yesterday

Do some reading first, try Moneyvator, its just not that simple.
  • EdGasket
    EdGasket Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    You could by shares in Grainger (GRI) with a market cap of £I bn and they are the biggest buy to let landlord in the country. Let them have the hassle of dealing with tennants while you collect the income and capital appreciation, subject of course to the housing market generally.
  • OldMusicGuy
    OldMusicGuy Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And read some of the threads on MSE here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16 about renting and becoming a landlord. It can be quite complex and stressful. Not something to be undertaken lightly. FWIW I was planning on investing about 200K in a property to rent but after reading about it I am getting increasingly put off. If you think it is as simple as "buy a property, rent it, make money" you could be mistaken......
  • unitedwestand
    Options
    I would spread the £100k across various investments, passive S&S ISA funds, emerging market funds, physical precious metals, cryptocurrencies and fixed rate cash saving accounts to name a few
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure