LISA, want to get in early but avoid risk

Options
I want to open a lifetime ISA as early as I can, I'm saving for a house deposit and understand that I need to have the account open for 1 year before I can access the bonus. The problem is it seems that the only products that will be available are stocks and shares and having read on this site and others that these products are probably less suitable for the short term I'd rather avoid exposing myself to the risk they bring.

My original plan was to put a very small amount in one of these ISA's then wait until (hopefully) someone comes up with a cash version then switch into that and top it up to 4k but I'm not sure I will be able to do this. Nutmeg stipulate a minimum investment of £500 plus £100 per month, I tried to find out about the Hargreaves Lansdown product but couldn't find info about minimum investments and fees, guessing they have similar stipulations? I also have about £1600 in a htbi currently that I guess I need to transfer in.

So a bit baffled, I want to activate the LISA countdown asap but really want to avoid the risk of investment. What would you lot do?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport