Lengthy Porting delay with PlusNet Mobile

Options
ixat
ixat Posts: 42 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Despite their honest John adverts, they promise to port your number in a day or 2 but it seems many including myself are waiting much longer (check-out their forums & Fbook page - I saw one guy complaining it was 4 weeks or more; once you're signed up they tell you 'soon' they're 'working on it' etc etc. The one constant thing they tell you is that they will let you know when it's done. Trouble is many Banks, Microsoft, Google etc need to call or text you. After a few/several worthless assurances I asked for a TRUTHFUL estimate and was told they can't be exact but they'll text me when it's done!:mad:

Comments

• SuperSaint
    Options
    I can only speak of my experience and mine was exceptional. I ported my daughter's number a week or so ago and it all went through easily in one day. The communication from start to finish was brilliant and the whole process was quick and simple. I appreciate I may have been one of the lucky few, but I have to say a big "well done" to Plusnet.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,072 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    porting from what network?

This might have a bearing!
  • ixat
    ixat Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After a few more calls & online chats yesterday, contact via Facebook & threats to leave the mobile & phone/b'band deals my number was ported at 830am this morning. Hallelujah!
    Number was released by giffgaff & ported to Orange/EE (part of BT like PlusNet) 6 days ago. N.B. ANYONE can check porting progress via https://www.freecarrierlookup.com
    I don't know if I was one of an unlucky few but when people can't contact you and you have no reliable date for resolution, it's err not good, & very frustrating
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure