Accommodation with parking

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
8 replies 1.1K views
alanaplinalanaplin Forumite
15 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
I have recently booked accommodation for 8 nights on Booking.com where for the property I booked it says:
Most guests want these - this property has them all
Parking; Free WiFi; Airport shuttle; Family rooms; Pets allowed; Non-smoking rooms

As we will have a car this accommodation looked ideal. Having booked it (it is a non-refundable booking) I have found out that the apartment does not have its own parking but public pay parking is available either on the street or a car park (15 Euros per day)

So yes, parking is available but I don't think they should promote it when I would think over 99% of places advertised on the site would have its own parking or parking available somewhere nearby - either free or with parking fees.

I now have no choice but to pay for public parking and have learnt my lesson in that I should check out what is actually meant in peoples advertising before making any bookings. So no need for anyone to reply saying this!!

Replies

• leylandsunaddictleylandsunaddict Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    With booking.com it usually details what type of parking. If you click on 'more' it scrolls down and the additional info is normally there.
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The converse has happened to me, I booked an apartment fully understanding that there was no parking, it was a great apartment so I just factored in the cost of paying to park nearby. When I got there the guy had reserved a space and handed me a permit to display in the windscreen, no extra charge.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • alanaplinalanaplin Forumite
    15 Posts
    With booking.com it usually details what type of parking. If you click on 'more' it scrolls down and the additional info is normally there.

Thanks. I realised that after booking. My fault for not checking all the details beforehand but they appeared to be making a big deal out of parking by mentioning it first - you can see the page here>https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/casa-d-39-aria.en-gb.html?aid=340296;label=conf_email_print;sid=e499e7412288dfc8a6ec87de8d9bdc18
  • comeandgocomeandgo Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    But the details on having to pay for parking is on the front page, they are not hidden anywhere.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    alanaplin wrote: »
    Thanks. I realised that after booking. My fault for not checking all the details beforehand but they appeared to be making a big deal out of parking by mentioning it first - you can see the page here>https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/casa-d-39-aria.en-gb.html?aid=340296;label=conf_email_print;sid=e499e7412288dfc8a6ec87de8d9bdc18

They're not making a big deal out of it. It's just a 'P'.The order of symbols is the same for every property because that's the way the site is set out.

Surely you read the rest of the info on that page, including the apartment policies, terms and conditions and important information?
  • alanaplinalanaplin Forumite
    15 Posts
    They're not making a big deal out of it. It's just a 'P'.The order of symbols is the same for every property because that's the way the site is set out.

Surely you read the rest of the info on that page, including the apartment policies, terms and conditions and important information?

But looking at other apartments in same city they don't say they have parking. I think that properties should only say they have parking if the parking belongs to them and is available to guests. Also, being in a very congested city it is possible that no parking will be available at certain times.
  • AmesAmes Forumite
    18.5K Posts
    Most of the places I've looked at which have 'parking' as a headline actually mean there's some form of parking in the vague vicinity.

The ones that really annoy me are when they advertise as having disabled facilities, or a lift, or are all on one floor, and you turn up and they lied.

My favourite through booking.com was when the address didn't even exist.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    alanaplin wrote: »
    But looking at other apartments in same city they don't say they have parking. I think that properties should only say they have parking if the parking belongs to them and is available to guests. Also, being in a very congested city it is possible that no parking will be available at certain times.

What you think isn't relevant. The details of what/where the parking is are all there. You chose not to read them, or presumably the important details pertaining to the apartment you were booking. Plenty of other apartments also state they have parking.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals