Help I need a credit card quickly

I need advice about getting a new 0% credit card to fund the purchase of a new car. I've been offered a generous deal to change my car for a new one, but it must be done by the 1st October. I'm not prepared to take the deal unless I can apply and get a new card with a 0% deal for about 6 months to fund the payment, so that I don't have to dip into my savings. Does anyone know how long an application is likely to take, and is there any way that it can be speeded up?
My other idea is to pay the money with my existing credit card, and apply for a fees free balance transfer card such as Capital One, and then transfer the debt to it once it is issued.

Replies

• WNBRich wrote: »
    I need advice about getting a new 0% credit card to fund the purchase of a new car. I've been offered a generous deal to change my car for a new one, but it must be done by the 1st October. I'm not prepared to take the deal unless I can apply and get a new card with a 0% deal for about 6 months to fund the payment, so that I don't have to dip into my savings. Does anyone know how long an application is likely to take, and is there any way that it can be speeded up?
    My other idea is to pay the money with my existing credit card, and apply for a fees free balance transfer card such as Capital One, and then transfer the debt to it once it is issued.

Sorry for the late reply but hopefully it will help someone,
    Personally I would walk away from the car offer and apply for a card or finance and get that in place then go looking for a dream car.If you rush into it it can be very costly financially and mechanically.
    Applications can take 7 days but also upto a month with some slower companies.
    Your balance transfer idea is one way of paying for it watch out for credit card charges at the point of sale at the garage and BT fees .Doesn't capital One have a 1.7% BT fee?
    The reply will be a little late for the OP but i hope it will be useful to others as well.
    Previously known as Bokken,registered at MSE in Nov 04,computer glich deleted my access but it is fun building up my stars from scratch,again.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum