Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Help please 😀 Parking fine - Newcastle Airport

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
30 replies 2.4K views
cathycathycathycathy Forumite
25 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Hiya - please could anyone help me?
My Son was doing his elder brother a big favour and drove them to Newcastle Airport.
Now 1) They were running late because of their Baby who hadn't been very well recently and, in a panic, after passing the medium size airport parking site, my son told the other to pull in! ( First born parents !!!)
Now sadly this was at the very edge of a Taxi zone . My eldest got out to get the baby's medicine from the boot and it took no more than 15 seconds! They also couldn't have got very far as there were pedestrians just about to use the zebra crossing in front of them!
I've just received a Parking Charge Notice in the post ( my son and myself are both disabled and my other son, trying hard to keep his family afloat!!
Is there any way we can fight this ?
Thank you for any help you could give us xxx

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it from UKPPO?

If so, they are well known for this - search the forum for 'UKPPO Newcastle'.

Also read the NEWBIES FAQS thread, to be read before posting - back on the page where you hit 'new thread'. My signature below tells you where to click, if unsure how to get back to page one. That's where you can 'search the forum' too.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cathycathycathycathy Forumite
    25 Posts
    Yes - it's from uk parking patrol office
    Sorry I ve read some of the other threads it's just that I'm not in a good place ATM and my mind just goes to jelly at something like this xxx
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not in a good place ATM and my mind just goes to jelly at something like this

Please explain further. All you will get are letters that make threats that may or may not be true. Or are not likely to happen.

If such letters will affect you then seek help from your Citizens Advice Bureau as a face to face discussion of the options may be better than online advice from unknown sources of variable quality.
  • GrimbleGrimble Forumite
    455 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Stop worrying, you do not have a fine, no private company can fine you, what you have is a speculative invoice which will never get taken to court as it is a scam. Stopping for 15 seconds is not parking.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tell the person who received this speculative invoice (its not a fine) to read the NEWBIES sticky thread at the top of this forum, reading the IPC parts (not the BPA parts)

they need to send the IPC template around day 25 from the date of the postal NTK they received (TO DRAG THIS OUT)

add the invoice (NTK) reference and VRM details and name and address

do not alter it , do not say what happened , no excuses , no admissions at all

after that , they file the paperwork in a folder , including any correspondence from either UKPPO and subsequently from debt collectors as well (ignore the DEBT COLLECTORS)

the aim is to get this past 6 months , so say by 01 JULY 2017 , this is because byelaws apply on airports and it "times out" after 6 months

but UKPPO and their debt collectors will send SCARY LETTERS for up to 6 years , which the keeper ignores but files in that same folder, for safekeeping , just in case !!

what this keeper does not IGNORE is either an OFFICIAL LBC from UKPPO , or from a solicitor acting on behlaf of UKPPO , or if they receive an MCOL from the main centre in Northampton

SO IF THEY GET AN LBC OR AN MCOL WITHIN 6 YEARS , COME BACK TO THIS THREAD AND GET MORE HELP

its a war of attrition now , but make sure the keeper replies to UKPPO with the IPC template from the NEWBIES sticky thread, if in writing take it to the PO COUNTER and ask for a free certificate of posting (not recorded delivery) from the counter staff

keep that certificate safe in the same folder as all the other paperwork , with a copy of the appeal (the template letter)

its all about the paper trail , keeping the "evidence" , with the first deadline being 6 months and the second deadline being 6 years

hope this helps

happy new year
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • cathycathycathycathy Forumite
    25 Posts
    Hiya - I’m virtually in the same position as Pencil Man with Newcastle Airport and UKPPO Ltd !
    I’ve sent SAR’s to the DVLA , UKPPO and BWLEGAL and have received replies back from them all now !
    UKPPO have sent through 10 sheets of the data , which they say is a copy of everything they have appertaining to the ticket that they issued !
    BWLEGAL have acknowledged my SAR and have stated that they expect to give me a response by 29/12/18 .
    The DVLA are also passing on my concerns to their other relevant departments !
    Do I take it now that the Letter of Claim that BWLEGAL sent to me with the return date of 2/12/18 is now suspended until they come back to me ?
    Thank you for your help with this !
    95.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread you replied on is ancient, almost 2 years old and you need to read current threads instead.
    Do I take it now that the Letter of Claim that BWLEGAL sent to me with the return date of 2/12/18 is now suspended until they come back to me ?
    No, because you tell us that UKPPO have sent through 10 sheets of the data, which they say is a copy of everything they have appertaining to the ticket that they issued. So you have your data.

This is the same as the other UKPPO claim threads; those are the ones you need to read, not ancient archive threads that are not about court claims/defences.

No links. Also read the NEWBIES THREAD, top of this forum.

Hop back to page one using forum jump (right) or the link (top) mentioned clearly in my signature.
  • CastleCastle Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    The thread you replied on is ancient, almost 2 years old and you need to read current threads instead..
    cathycathy is the OP. :)
    95.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well spotted!

Confused me that the OP started 'I am in the same position' and I stopped reading!

:o
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get your MP involved.

It is the will of Parliament that these scammers be put out of business. Hopefully that will take place in the near future. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers. Read this one which I wrote earlier

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.