UKPC Parking Charge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
6 replies 704 views
mrnomoneybagsmrnomoneybags Forumite
607 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
I have had a scan through the noobies section etc but can't find anything concrete to my situation.

I like in a new estate in kent that has parking for residents and a few for visitors. Parking here is only for residents and visitors there is no other reason to park here no near by shopping centre etc.

The visitors bays are almost always full, my g/f stayed over with me on xmas day night and had nowhere to park so she parked on double yellows out of the way.

She was given a PCN on her windscreen at 4.34 am on 26/12/2016 for "Not parked correctly within the markings of a bay or space"

Firstly on Boxing day seriously!!!

I park in front of my own garage this is not a marked bay or space but its allowed apparently.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Replies

• Read and understand the NEWBIES thread and search for threads 'parked in my own space'.
    What your lease says is very important.
    Some very important legal cases with these PCN's so you need to read up.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had a scan through the noobies section etc but can't find anything concrete to my situation.
    You don't need something 'for your situation'.

The advice is for ALL BPA AOS member cases - submit an online appeal as keeper on day 26, using the template shown. So the appeal is done in the name of the registered keeper of the car, not you, not 'as the driver' not 'talking about what happened'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 31 December 2016 at 1:39AM
    mrnomoneybagsmrnomoneybags Forumite
    607 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 31 December 2016 at 1:39AM
    Its fallen in to limited capacity brain now. thanks :)
  • REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • mrnomoneybagsmrnomoneybags Forumite
    607 Posts
    ✭✭
    I've subsequently found out that the double yellow lines are on private land and actually mean nothing is that true?

Thanks for the link I will give it a read.
  • edited 4 January 2017 at 3:57PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    51.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 January 2017 at 3:57PM
    I've subsequently found out that the double yellow lines are on private land and actually mean nothing is that true?

Thanks for the link I will give it a read.

The lines may mean something if they are mentioned on car park signage and in the residents' lease. They would however need to be described, and an explanation as to their meaning given.

What does your lease/rental/purchase agreement say about parking? This will determine what the driver is/isn't allowed to do and also determine whether the PPC has any standing to issue charges in their name.

As previously mentioned, the vehicle keeper needs to send off the BPA template in blue from the NEWBIES thread just before the appeal deadline.

You should also edit your original post about who did what and when. The parking scammers read these fora and can identify the driver from the precise timing and date of your information. Just say that the driver got a windscreen ticket and the keeper wants to know what to do, which is of course to make a keeper appeal.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides