bus stop fines

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
4 replies 658 views
londonfleuvelondonfleuve Forumite
2 Posts
The past two days I gave the locum a lift & dropped her at the bus stop. It was after 7pm & I didn't see any signs but I've since read that it's a 24/7 no stopping ban & I'm likely to be fined. Absolutely dreading this. Is it a 14day wait - or how long til I hear from whoever issues the fine? Location is London Borough of Greenwich in a high street & I didn't block any traffic but I don't think that impacts anything

Replies

• The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Stop panicking. If it's a fine, then it's a fine. Not the end of the world.
    2. Many can be challenged successfully.
    3. DO NOTHING for now. If/when you get a notice from the council, ONLY then, register on pepipoo.com and post your notice on the Council Tickets forum.
  • fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    AS ST says it's a traffic violation no one is going to remove you to a place of lawful execution!

Not all bus stops are covered by CCTV, and if it was it may have been looking in the other direction so you will have to just sit it out, they must send the notice to owner within 14 days.

If that happens do as ST says and register on pepipoo they will have the answers for you but will need every detail to be able to help.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely dreading this.
    Really? I've appealed Council PCNs and won them all, so have others. Pepipoo posters love getting people off these, and have success in over 90% of threads:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Post there (not using a hotmail addy) but ONLY when you get a PCN, not before. They need to see the PCN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks, I'll wait it out and see
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals