UK Parking Control Help

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
25 replies 3.2K views
LunaticSamuraiLunaticSamurai Forumite
32 Posts
Hi everyone.
In October i parked in a coach bay, (I did not realise this at the time) There was a silver Mercedes parked next to me so i just parked and got out the car to do what i had to do. This is a free retail car park in a local shopping centre.

On return i had a yellow parking charge attached to the window. I ignored it thinking it was unfair as the Mercedes that was parked next to me was still there and had not received one.

A letter came reminding me to pay, i ignored it, another letter came i ignored that too.

I have just received a Debt Recovery letter asking me to pay saying that "their client has asked them to chase the debt"

The company is UK Parking Control i assume its acting on behalf of the landowner and the debt recovery is called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.

I admit i didn't realise i had parked in a coach bay probably because there was a car already in the bay next to me and again on return the car was still there and had no parking charge, i couldn't figure out why i got one and they didn't. The pictures don't show the full car but they do show the rear wheel just within frame.

What should i do?

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    35.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should have appealed in good time , but failed , so you are now in IGNORE mode unless they try a court case in the next 6 years

post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread tells you about this phase, post #1 tells you what you SHOULD have done when the NTK came in the post

lesson learned for the future

now you have up to 6 years of hassle

invoices can be chased for payment through the MCOL system , so this is where you are at , stalemate
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 29 December 2016 at 3:39PM
    fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 December 2016 at 3:39PM
    Don't get intimidated by Debt collectors they are powerless bottom feeding Muppets so ignore them, but don't ignore any tral court papers.

The Mercedes is irrelevant, but the signage couldn't have been very good or you would have known not to park there wouldn't you!
  • Thanks for the replies.
    I understand i was in the wrong by not replying in good time.

In the entire car park there is only 3 bays for coaches, and the car park can take a couple of thousand cars. Just something i overlooked.

Should i just pay this? Debt collectors are now asking for £160 before they take me to court. Just been on their website and a big box on the front page is quoting, "Private parking charges fair says Supreme Court ruling

ParkingEye v Beavis – Beavis appeal DISMISSED" as a warning to everyone that doesn't pay.

Thanks for the help in advance.
  • edited 29 December 2016 at 9:43PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    35.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 December 2016 at 9:43PM
    IGNORE the debt collectors as I said previously

read post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

and also this thread too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

come back if you get a REAL solicitors letter or an official MCOL from Northampton in the next 6 years

keep all paperwork and get pictures of any signage etc

the markings on the ground and number of bays is irrelevant , the driver parked in the small percentage of bays where cars are forbidden , so no offer to park in those bays
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Ok. Thank you for the help. I will keep you informed of any changes.
  • pappa_golfpappa_golf Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    don,t update us when you get another from zenith etc etc etc , only return if you get a letter from the parking co saying if you do not pay by "x" they ARE going to take you to court , beware fake letters from the likes of gladstones etc inviting you to pay DR+
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should i just pay this? Debt collectors are now asking for £160 before they take me to court.

Sorry but what don't you understand about ignoring debt collectors?

If the original charge was £100 why would you now pay a debt collector, who as said before are powerless, £160 just because they send silly letters!

A debt collector cannot take you to court.
  • edited 27 January 2017 at 5:35PM
    LunaticSamuraiLunaticSamurai Forumite
    32 Posts
    edited 27 January 2017 at 5:35PM
    Hi Everyone. So just a little update. This came through the other day, they have reduced the amount. I have still not made any contact with them.

Advice greatly appreciated.

I have tried to add a photo of the letter but i cannot add a link as i am a newbie.
  • Now i know how to add a link please find the latest letter from CPM.

https:
    //www.
    flickr.com/
    photos/
    lunaticsamurai/
    shares/508Xn2
  • edited 1 February 2017 at 5:28PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    51.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 February 2017 at 5:28PM
    Now i know how to add a link please find the latest letter from CPM.

https:
    //www.
    flickr.com/
    photos/
    lunaticsamurai/
    shares/508Xn2

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lunaticsamurai/shares/508Xn2

Page not found.

You need to upload it to a web hosting site such as tinypic or photobucket, then post the URL here but change http to hxxp. Someone here will then change it to a live link.

Who are CPM? explained. If it is a debt collector, don't bother. We don't want to know as already explained.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides