Advice on Mobile phone provider charging more than agreed...

Hi,

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. I recently upgraded my sim only contract to another sim only deal. I went onto live chat where it was very clear what deals I had been offered and what deal I accepted and the price that was agreed.

Whilst on the live chat the adviser had started putting the order through, I received an email which showed the incorrect price, I pointed this out and was told not to worry it takes 24 hours for the whole order to be processed and the price would go down to the agreed price.

The price two weeks later has not gone down, I have spent hours on their live chat and phone to them and got no where. Today they called me to say they would not be giving it to me for the agreed price as the adviser had mis informed me.

Please can you advise where I stand? I have the chat transcript showing clearly what was offered and was was accepted.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This seems to be a breach of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and of the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You have the right to reject the offer.

They need to fix it. If they don't, cancel it and walk away.

If you have been calling a premium rate 084, 087 or 09 number while trying to fix this, they must also refund the call costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure