OS Daily Friday 25 November

GersGers Forumite
9.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine

Replies

• GersGers Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all.

Cloudy sky, no visible stars but it means no frost.

My day yesterday was good, teaching went fine and I did zero in the afternoon. The new vacuum I've bought for Mum arrived so I put it together though it only took three minutes and I remained seated. :p A neighbour called round at teatime so we spent an amiable half hour chatting away. So not much to report then.

I'm off to Glasgow later this morning. I'll leave it until about 11am'ish so that any ice has a chance to thaw a bit.

I hope everyone has a good Friday. Virtual hugs to those who need or want them.
  • TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning folks and thanks GERS for the start off. Flipping heck it's a cold one this morning!

Yesterday Mr TA's hospital visit went like clockwork and I had time for a trip into TKMaxx before heading for the train back home. I crossed off the last two gifts for all the great nephews and nieces I have to buy for, plus quite a few stocking fillers too for DGDs so I am gradually getting there!! It's my mission to have all presents bought by the end of November! My list gets longer every year.

We are back to Leeds again today for the second visit this week to St James. This time it's the Urology clinic where Mr TA has to have a cystoscopy and we have been warned he could be there 2/3 hours. So my book going with me whilst I am in for the long wait. There will be no time for shopping today as it will be a long enough day as it is. Today there's hm minced beef hot pot defrosting to shove in the mw when we get home. No doubt cold, tired and hungry.

Have a nice day if you can and (((HUGS))) to LAINEY, COXY and HILSTEP. As well as all the poorlies, anxious and depressed. Take care all whatever you are up to xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redrubyredruby Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Freezing cold here and blowing a hooley I have woken with a sore throat so I hope its not the start of something.

Off to work for me and im working Sunday so only tomorrow off so need to make the most of it.

I have somehow managed to get a huge scratch down the front of my glasses right in my field of vision so I need to get that sorted soon.

Not sure about dinner tonight will go and look in the freezer after this.

Need to do a wash tonight which we can hang out tomorrow hopefully.

Hugs to Coxy and Lainey xx

Hilstep hope you are ok xx
  • lonewhitewolflonewhitewolf Forumite
    278 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Morning all x
    Thanks GERS for starting us off x
    Well DH has left for the consultation with the Dr over FIL. Just have to wait to hear now.
    DD2 came home at lunch yesterday as she was feeling ill. It is stress related I'm sure. But as I said yesterday she has to find her own way out and not expect us to sort it for her. Feel really bad standing by whilst she is like this but as every mum knows you have to step back as some point and let them try.
    Dinner tonight will be whatever I fancy as it's just me.
    Need to get load's of washing done today as I am out tomorrow.
    Anyhoo better get on
    Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • edited 25 November 2016 at 9:41AM
    LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 November 2016 at 9:41AM
    Morning everyone,

Clear, bright and frosty here but at least we should see some sun today.

There are two lots of dried fruit soaking in tea, Mum said she would like to make a loaf for DB so hopefully we can do that this morning. Popped into town yesterday afternoon and she picked up a couple of winter dresses as is still adapting her wardrobe around the stoma, it tired her out a tad but was very happy to be out and about so well worth it.

Thinking of your family LWW, hope all goes well today.
    Hope you have a grand weekend away JACKIE.
    Glad that your new workplace is being so supportive COXY, hugs to you x

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • dumplingdumpling Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's dry and cold here today. I have all three girls home with various ailments. DD16 was supposed to be going to Bristol Uni to have a look round but she can't face it, DD15 feels like she is going to faint and has horrible stomach cramps and my poor little DD13 did actually get ready for school but has such a sore throat she can barely talk or swallow so I told her to go and put her pyjamas back on. I dare say the school are not going to be happy.

My friend came to see me yesterday and my goodness did she pour out her woes for a good couple of hours. I was exhausted when she left and very grateful for my own non complicated life. My mum popped in as well so I gave her the Christmas card I had made for her and my step dad. She had brought up cards for us as well. We are going to put up the decorations and tree tomorrow so they will be up for Advent and my DD13's birthday next week.

I am going to make chicken fajitas for tea and then settle down to watch a film with the family. My daughter has lent us the new BFG film which I am really looking forward to seeing.

Thinking of Lainey and her mum, Coxy and Hilstep x
    Jackie, I hope you have a lovely break with your family x

I hope everyone manages to have a good day today, take care xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Good Morning chums just drinking a cuppa before going to see my DD and family and picking up DGS Ben and his G/f and DGS Henry and week-end bags to go in my car to the IoW and the rest of them will go in my son-in-laws car.Fingers crossed it stays dry

I'm not worried though as just to be back there for a break will be lovely We will enjoy showing Ben's g/f over it as she is french and has never been there :)

Son-in-laws birthday tomorrow and DD is fishing in the morning with the boys so iIll take Simon out to lunch in a local pub.He is such a lovely chap and a brilliant husband to my DD and nothing is too much trouble when it comes to the family bless him.It will be nice to give him a treat for a change . Can't wait to see my gorgeous DGS Ben who is the apple of my eye, as are all of my grandchildren, and to have four of them all together for the weekend is a bonus :):):)

Just looked out and the sun is getting up and the sky is blue at the moment :):):)

I am taking my lap-top so I no doubt will be chuntering on later

Hope everyone has a good day and <<hugs to Lainey,coxy11 and our beloved Hilstep >> and anyone else in need of one today

Cheers everyone

JackieO xx
  • monnagranmonnagran Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's OK JackieO, the sun is shiningin a blue sky and the sea has been polished up ready to welcome you. I'm not sure if the flags are out yet but I will wave a yellow duster out of the window when you have landed.
    Now that's a thing I've not seen for years - housewife flinging open a window and flapping a duster vigorously. A very common sight back in the day, when I was a child and dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Have a good weekend Jackie and everybody.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Morning all
    Late one from me as slept in DS bed as he was working so a nice quiet night for me (DH snores like a steam train)
    Not much happening here might take a look at the sales on line but not really fussed .
    Jackie O have a great weekend what a lovely SIL you have x
    Thinking of Hillstep, coxy and Lainey x
    Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to
  • edited 25 November 2016 at 9:32AM
    monnagranmonnagran Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 November 2016 at 9:32AM
    It's OK JackieO, the sun is shining in a blue sky and the sea has been polished and is sparkling all ready for your arrival. I'm not sure if the flags have been put out yet but as your ferry docks I will wave a yellow duster out of my window.

Now that's something I've not seen for a while, a housewife opening a window and flapping a duster vigorously. Anyone under about 50 years of age can look up the word 'housewife' in the nearest dictionary.
    Back in the day, when I was a child and dinosaurs roamed the earth, this was a commn sight.

Happy weekend everyone, whatever you are doing.

SORRY ABOUT THE DUPLICATION. THE TABLET SAID THAT THE FIRST OFFERING HAD NOT BEEN ACCEPTED. THEY LIED.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides