House has sold.....hurray!!!

hey all
i know some of you were a little against us selling our home but we got an offer of the asking price yesterday and are v pleased!
they are 1st time buyers so chain free so fingers crossed will be done and duste quickly and by our calculation we can pay off our debt and still have about £2200 left over after fees etc to open a savings account or put towards a new home.
we are so happy with the way this has all worked out and i wanna thank u guys for your interest and support :beer: cheers!

will keep u updated.

Comments

• christymm
    christymm Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I am realy pleased you got sorted hope everything works out ok,where are you moveing to.
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Hi There

Just wanted to say "well done". It must have been a difficult desision to make! We were in a similar situation about 8 years ago so I know how you feel.

We got ourselves in abit of a pickle with debt, so we sold up, paid our dues then had about £5000 in the bank. I still have that savings account open and although there is only a few quid in there-it reminds me that we did the right thing! The only debt we have now is on an 0% credit card and will be paid up by then end of the year. We have no loans or storecards.

Good luck with wherever you are going! Try not to start spending again as the money left from selling the house will not go very far. Remember, if you get into debt again-it will be a different kettle of fish as you will have nothing to sell.

Penny-Pincher!!
    xxx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Malestrom
    Malestrom Posts: 983 Forumite
    Good luck with the house sale Chantilly Bex, I hope it all goes smoothly for you! :)
    He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure