'I returned a used toilet brush' – what's the most extreme thing you've taken back?

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 November 2016 at 9:50PM
    I tried to return Donald Trump.( SAD FART)
  • I once had a customer try to return a used pregnancy test saying it didn't work, to be fair I believed her as she should know when she is pregnant, this was her 8th she was with at the time
    mortui non mordent
  • I thought I was being extreme when I returned some used cooking apples which I'd bought by mistake ( I needed eating apples). Tesco exchanged them with no fuss
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I thought I was being extreme when I returned some used cooking apples which I'd bought by mistake ( I needed eating apples). Tesco exchanged them with no fuss

Used cooking apples?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Probably means - opened the pack, tasted one and found they were the wrong thing?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm not good at returning things.... but I don't buy much.

I bought a "brand new" breadmaker once from Argos - I unpacked it ... and somebody'd clearly made a chocolate cake with it in the past. That went straight back, they'd obviously fobbed me off with one of their returns.

Next one wasn't much cop either, ended up not using it and finally putting it in the pile for house clearance people to take away.
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Years ago when I was in retail I remember someone returning a toilet seat that had broken on the hinge after a couple of months of use. Customer wanted to take it out of the bag and show me the fault. They were adamant they wanted to take it out of the carrier bag and show me exactly what the fault was when I was more than happy just to complete the refund without having to look at it.

Also recall someone returning a 1" section of a quiche pastry side 2 months after buying it as they weren't happy with how full the deep filled quiche was and wanted to demonstrate the fill line with this section, they had kept this piece in the car to return at some point for a refund. The rest they ate.
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's not really extreme, but my mum has a love for the Radley brand, and she found a 'new' one on eBay for a fairly reasonable price. She didn't want to get it on eBay but it was still quite expensive and she thought from the pictures that it did look brand new.

She received it to find crumbs in there, sweet wrappers, just general things that you wouldn't find in a brand new bag. So she contacted the original seller and they just completely ignored her, so my mum contacted eBay, they gave her a full refund and she got to keep the bag too! In the end she bought an original one, not from eBay :)
  • I used to work in a bookshop. One man brought in a book that he had purchased a couple of weeks earlier. It had obviously been read. He complained that a spelling mistake on page 6 had spoiled his enjoyment of the book, and requested a refund.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My late sister was a florist. She did the flowers for a big wedding - brides bouquet, bridesmaids posies, buttonholes, church flowers, reception flowers, the lot. A week later the bride's mum came into the shop kicking off because they had wanted to re-use ALL of the flowers and bouquets for a cousins's wedding a whole week after the first wedding - but the flowers hadn't 'lasted'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure