Credit Files!!! Help Needed!!

Hi

Had my credit files today :eek: How long do searches last on either Equifax or Experian-Cant remember if its 1 or 2 years, or are they both different?

There is tons of wrong info on them which I am sorting through.

Does anyone know who London Scottish Bank is??? It looks like a mail order company. Its in my name but the DOB is way out and there is a defaulted account for £1026 :eek: I dont know what this is, as I havent had a catalogue etc for years. Can anyone help??? Theres no start date but default date is Dec 2003 :confused:

How do I sort this out? I am disabled and am mostly housebound and this is worrying me alot. I dont owe money to anyone, apart from my 0% credit card...what do I do???

Penny-Pincher!!
xxx
To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
requires brains!
FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS

Comments

• Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Firstly don't panic. If they hold wrong information on you you can get it removed.

I think London Scottish bank are actually a loan company come bank (although these companies seem to change regularly) and that is probably a loan or an overdraft. Someone has done a search and found your matching name. They have thus saddled your credit record (but not you) with the debt.
    Simply write to whichever credit reference agency has the default and ask for it to be removed as its not you. Point out the DOB variation. They should then remove it.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income