🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Please help

Hey everyone.

I am writing this forum for advice please. OK so my father has been sent to prison for a historic offence and completely destroyed me. To the point where I couldn't work and couldn't leave the house. This guy was my best friend and I felt so hurt and betrayed.

I lost a lot of things including my phone which wasn't a contract. My dad from prison seeing me go downhill from all this told me to get myself a phone to help keep in contact with him and look for work. My credit rating after this mental breakdown hado put me in a financial situation where I couldn't get a contract. Could hardly eat let alone look towards anything like that.

My dad ran to my resque maybe out of gilt from himself but he told me to get a contract in his name and when I'm back on my feet I pay him back and make repayments.

Well I am back on my feet and working. I cannot do anything regarding this phone as it's registered in his name. I have been trying to change it or pay the termination fee but they ask to speak with him.

Which I respond well he isn't here he is in prison. So finally a advisor agreed for me to pay termination and have PAC code. Which has now been blocked as the account holder hasn't done it. I don't know what to do and now have researched and I don't think he was allowed to give me permission to take out a contract. It's just a huge leap forward and now two leaps back.

Have I unbeing known to me committed a crime. To be honest I wasn't in a position to even consider I have. Have I committed identity fraud? Is he allowed to give permission.

Can anyone offer me help at all. Thank you


  • Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If the network is owed no money then the police will not come to you in a dawn raid and place you in a cell next to your father.

    Seriously if it is all squared up then worry not.
  • Redemption0202
    Well there is money but I want to just pay it and ideally get the pac but they won't let me.

    My dad isn't prosecuting me for fraud as he has a letter to me stating it all. Just can't get EE to accept or accept termination payment.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    I take it that you are a woman. Otherwise, since you know all of the passwords and security on the account, the network would have been none the wiser.
    Of course I won't tell you what you should do and should have done in this case....but I think that you understand ;)
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    In other words get a male to ring up, pretending to be your dad to sort it out, HTH's
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards