ESA - how long?

Options
I’m on ESA SG for 15 months, how long does it last for until reassessment? It scares me to ring to find out.

Can I also ask them for ESA85A in preparation for the future reassessment? Would they mind why I want this information?

Thanks

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    The original letter informing you that you had been placed in the Support Group should have said the period it was for and therefore when the next assessment would be due. In some areas there is still a considerable backlog on assessments so it's entirely possible that your reassessment will be delayed anyway.
    ESA will be in touch when they want to see you again.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The letter never had the period date and do I need information from them for the future reassessment as listed above?
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    The original letter informing you that you had been placed in the Support Group should have said the period it was for and therefore when the next assessment would be due. In some areas there is still a considerable backlog on assessments so it's entirely possible that your reassessment will be delayed anyway.
    ESA will be in touch when they want to see you again.
    i have been assessed for ESA twice and on neither occasion was the length of award stated on the award letter.
    i have had to phone and ask
  • TELLIT01
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »
    i have been assessed for ESA twice and on neither occasion was the length of award stated on the award letter.

You learn something new every day. :) I predominantly worked on the New Claims part of the ESA process and had been led to believe that the period the award was for would be on the award letter. Clearly not! It would make life so much less stressful for the claimant if they did have that information from the outset. For some people it must be very stressful not knowing.
  • densol_2
    densol_2 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »

Same

Mine just said review in the medium term - whatever that means lol
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    You learn something new every day. :) I predominantly worked on the New Claims part of the ESA process and had been led to believe that the period the award was for would be on the award letter. Clearly not! It would make life so much less stressful for the claimant if they did have that information from the outset. For some people it must be very stressful not knowing.

it gets worse ....

i only found out that i had been assessed for a second time because it had been 3 years since my last assessment, and i decided to phone then.
    no ESA50 and no WCA.

i only realised because i received a hb letter stating a ' change in circumstances' and that i now received the support group component.

so i phone and they say ' yes you're in the support group for 3 years.

that was 3 years and 4 months ago
  • TELLIT01
    Options
    That's what I always loved about working for DWP. Top of the list of priorities was ensuring that all customers / claimants were kept fully up to date with the status of their claim!
    That is as long as that didn't get in the way of ensuring that targets were met and stats compiled, even totally meaningless ones. Retirement is bliss. :-)
  • micky2phones
    micky2phones Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, The above posts seem to prove to me that even the people working are unsure what to do, how to cope with all the Benefits Changes.

At one time changes were in April but now its at different times of the year which cant help
  • TGH
    TGH Posts: 52 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied for ESA in 2013, was never called for an assessment and the 1st I knew about my award was when I received a large payment into my bank account!

I was sent no letter telling me what group I had been put in and only found that out through my doctor who had received notice that I didn't need fit notes any more. I still don't know how long my award is for.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do I need ESA85A or not for future reassessment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure